Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-07-2022, 09:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meanwhile, draftkings is entering a partnership with ESPN

I’m sure nothing weird could come of that….
Everything else is incestuous and corrupt, why not?

lol
Old 10-07-2022, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Captive Markets are regulated all the time too, but not Medical...for some reason.

I just got done going through a hurricane. We have laws here that don't allow inflating prices on general hurricane items (water, batteries, gas, etc).

Just kind of funny how it's 10 times more expensive than other countries.

Is our Tylenol 10 times better? No.

Research and Development costs? Hospitals don't do that.
To be fair, we are ten times more obese and our nursing and physician salaries are much higher

Good luck changing that my man. Whichever party did it would never win another election. I think doctors spend the second most on lobbying after lawyers
Old 10-07-2022, 09:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, we are ten times more obese and our nursing and physician salaries are much higher

Good luck changing that my man. Whichever party did it would never win another election. I think doctors spend the second most on lobbying after lawyers
I agree with the first part, but are our medical salaries really that much higher than say Canada, or countries in Europe?

I dunno if it justifies a 10X increase is all.

I could be wrong...but 10X?
Old 10-07-2022, 09:24 AM
Banned

wait wait wait....what?

Quote:
The average doctor salary in Canada is $68,933 per year or $35.35 per hour.
For real???

I make more than the average Canadian doctor?
Old 10-07-2022, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, no one ever talks about it. Janitors make more in Germany than physicians
Old 10-07-2022, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with the first part, but are our medical salaries really that much higher than say Canada, or countries in Europe?

From what I've heard yes it's much higher, and the cost of malpractice insurance and other expenses like that is also through the roof since we're lawsuit-happy here.

I've also heard plenty of medical providers would stop practicing altogether if we moved to a single payer system like universal medicare. There's no money in that.

It's all kinds of fucked up here.
Old 10-07-2022, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I've heard yes it's much higher, and the cost of malpractice insurance and other expenses like that is also through the roof since we're lawsuit-happy here.

I've also heard plenty of medical providers would stop practicing altogether if we moved to a single payer system like universal medicare. There's no money in that.

It's all kinds of fucked up here.
Physician assistants and NPs will have to take over primary care, but yes, we do need to talk about obesity and addiction killing us. There should be an upper limit to how much an individual is entitled to tax the system as an adult.
Old 10-07-2022, 09:29 AM
Banned

It's costing us more to let people die through negligence despite the inflated costs because people just bounce around from institution to institution until they wind up on the street crazy and on drugs. Either state provided or illegal.

The only solutions are to completely deregulate healthcare. Kill the sick. Or 100% socialize it. All these options have pros and cons. And limits.

I'm in favor of just putting everyone in the military and providing palliative care to those who are dying or too sick and week (or mentally aka morally ill) to do their duty.
Old 10-07-2022, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

My son took a travel CRNA contract in Colorado for $650k in 2021. The FEMA contracts trump put into the system for Covid paid $10k a week for nurses with a lot of that tax free

Biden has actually clamped down on this but yeah man, don’t go down the rabbit hole, it’ll piss you off. My son and his wife (she’s an RN) pulled in $900k in 2021 with a significant portion tax free stipend
Old 10-07-2022, 09:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
we do need to talk about obesity and addiction killing us
If only our vegetables weren't injected with high fructose corn syrup...

Halfway kidding. I know people have to take personal responsibility for what they shove in their mouths, but the industrialization of food and anti-depressants doesn't really help the situation either.

It's hard to find truly healthy foods sometimes. Even the advertised "Health Food" has something lurking in its ingredients.