Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 10-12-2023, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you have 6 - 8 mobs on the go I get it, pet becomes tedious to position etc
He's just trying to troll, he isn't being serious. His trolling often fails, as you don't even know what he is talking about. It's not worth explaining either.

I agree that having a pet is tougher the more mobs you have rooted. It's doable with 6-8 mobs if you play it right. It just depends on how hard you want to DPS, and how good the pathing/agro is in the specific area.
Old 10-12-2023, 06:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's just trying to troll, he isn't being serious. His trolling often fails, you don't even know what he is talking about. It's not worth explaining either.

I agree that having a pet is tougher the more mobs you have rooted. It's doable with 6-8 mobs if you play it right. It just depends on how hard you want to DPS, and how good the pathing/agro is in the specific area.
wrong as usual

any mob thats going to give xp while using an epic is going to require slowing for your pet be efficient whatsoever, unless you want to blow your pool on healing.

cool story though, the pet is better parked and used as a mana battery in that scenario
Old 10-12-2023, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wrong as usual

any mob thats going to give xp while using an epic is going to require slowing for your pet be efficient whatsoever, unless you want to blow your pool on healing.

cool story though, the pet is better parked and used as a mana battery in that scenario
Slowing a mob so you can have your pet attack it is easy to do. Try it sometime instead of acting silly. Only using your pet as a battery in that scenario is not the best strategy.
Old 10-12-2023, 07:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah slowing a mob so you can have your pet attack it is easy to do. Try it sometime instead of acting silly. Only using your pet as a battery is not the best strategy.
wasting a finite source of mana (slowing & healing) while keeping pace with soloing 6 mobs at a time via root/epic is fairly unwise from an xp > downtime ratio
Old 10-12-2023, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
wasting a finite source of mana (slowing & healing) while keeping pace with soloing 6 mobs at a time via root/epic is fairly unwise from an xp > downtime ratio
I've done it plenty of times. You just need to manage your mana better it sounds like. You can pull your pet back if you can't heal immediately, for example. Just put it in guard away from where you are root rotting.
Old 10-12-2023, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

can I come watch you solo 6 mobs? And then you can watch me solo 6 mobs?
Old 10-12-2023, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

lets say karnors? right now?
Old 10-12-2023, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Are you level 60 with Torpor, or pre 60?
Old 10-12-2023, 07:09 PM
Fire Giant

60 w torpor 3.2k hp, 4k mana, 1370 ac

I have an enchanter on Blue Ill come watch on, ill send you a tell in game
Old 10-12-2023, 07:12 PM
Fire Giant

im online, see you real soon