Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkwi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The majority of the raiding guilds would agree. It's the non raiding guilds with their sudden sense of entitlement that need to be accounted for now.
Didn't realize BDA, Taken, and Divinity didn't raid. News to me.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-04-2014, 11:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkwi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The majority of the raiding guilds would agree. It's the non raiding guilds with their sudden sense of entitlement that need to be accounted for now.
he's not talking about them AFAIK.

He's talking about the people who didn't put in work before the ban.
They now feel entitled to uber lewtz when they didn't do dick before.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiecat99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
he's not talking about them AFAIK.

He's talking about the people who didn't put in work before the ban.
They now feel entitled to uber lewtz when they refused to participate in the general raid scene asshattery because of extreme hardcore measures certain guilds were taking to win at all costs and making everyone else on the server miserable.
fixed it for ya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-05-2014, 03:44 AM
Sarnak

Damn no teams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2014, 04:22 AM
Fire Giant

Yendor, you know there was always room for an opportunistic guild to pick up kills without going full pooper. VD and BDA both did it at times in the past, and BDA has been doing it a fair bit in recent months.

Also the definition of raiding guild is kind of a silly point to make from either angle. The overwhelming majority of the mobs currently in game can be killed by almost any guild without much more than moderate numbers. Aside from probably Trak, Gore, Hoshkar and Nexona just about everything can have its 32k hit points knocked down without a whole lot of fanfare; ability to kill a mob isn't the real issue and never was. What made a guild a raiding guild was willingness to track and mobilize and/or camp out.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fixed it for ya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yendor, thanks.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just curious.... no offense intended...

How did we go from:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=10

"Whatever the majority of raiding guilds agree on WILL be enforced by the staff."

To:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=15

"this isnt a majority rules kind of thing. we see this a Tier1 guilds, Tier2 guilds, and Staff, kind of thing."

Seems to an outside observer like the goalposts were moved.
Then they moved them again when t2 guilds agreed with the staff propsal and then they still scraped it.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yendor, you know there was always room for an opportunistic guild to pick up kills without going full pooper. VD and BDA both did it at times in the past, and BDA has been doing it a fair bit in recent months.

Also the definition of raiding guild is kind of a silly point to make from either angle. The overwhelming majority of the mobs currently in game can be killed by almost any guild without much more than moderate numbers. Aside from probably Trak, Gore, Hoshkar and Nexona just about everything can have its 32k hit points knocked down without a whole lot of fanfare; ability to kill a mob isn't the real issue and never was. What made a guild a raiding guild was willingness to track and mobilize and/or camp out.
Very well put
Old 01-06-2014, 09:25 AM
Kobold

I'm not part of the raid scene on this server and have pretty much given up because of the terrible top end problems, but something that occurs to me is that by denying the server Velious raid content you are making it easier for TMO to keep a stranglehold over raid content. (and thus likely RMT)

Or to put it another way, by doubling the amount of raid content you make it twice as hard for TMO to block everyone else.

This is precisely why WOW had instances. I know a lot of people don't like them and enjoy the "competition". My experience is most people who prefer competition are the ones that are winning.

I imagine it's not possible to instance dungeons, but if you were to do that all these problems will instantly go away. Heck, I might even come back and get the last 10 levels on my enchanter.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladesch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I imagine it's not possible to instance dungeons, but if you were to do that all these problems will instantly go away. Heck, I might even come back and get the last 10 levels on my enchanter.
I bet they could instance dungeons very easily, but instances are one of a number of things that are Over Nilbog's Dead Body™ and/or Not on [Nilbog's] Watch™. I believe the two most prominent things on that list are instances and cats on the moon, so I really wouldn't hold my breath.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Closed Thread