Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 10:09 PM
Kobold

They government shot the trigger beam into him _ to go on the forums and display when species go wrong example.

Portsfour Pie Gnome Wizard
Fappjack Akalilfappy Gnome Warrior
Iksars Suck Human Monk

"Yup,... that just might be proof that we have failed as a species lol."
Old 10-27-2016, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They government shot the trigger beam into him _ to go on the forums and display when species go wrong example.
Finally someone who gets it.

On an unrelated note, I got my HS west key earlier. TCK was up in north, and, after assuring some chanter from <Elders> who was farming loot in north that I wasn't going to train him and that I could handle myself when it comes to soloing in HS on a chanter, I went to kill him. So should be popping out a video for HS west soon. That'll be enough HS for a while though, I'll probably go to KC and perma and maybe velks for videos after west.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-27-2016 at 01:52 PM..
Old 10-27-2016, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol
Old 10-27-2016, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

watched one of the videos for about 10 seconds, dude loves the sound of his own voice and narrates his own stories ( that no one watches )

if you listen closely you can hear his screams of madness from the bottom of howling stones.......
Old 10-27-2016, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpedup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
watched one of the videos for about 10 seconds, dude loves the sound of his own voice and narrates his own stories ( that no one watches )

if you listen closely you can hear his screams of madness from the bottom of howling stones.......
Well the latter part is accurate. I'll give you that.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

By the way, I forget which year it was, but it was during the classic era, at the annual fan faire, SOE set up a joke forum called "soloing in Everquest." It had a bunch of seats set up, but no speaker announced, just a sign announcing the forum topic. Was funny. If I did some googling I could probably find a photo of it.

The original "vision" really was to not solo and to incentivize group adventuring. I admire that goal immensely, but of course, this gameworld is now old and so we do all kinds of things with it.

But it is true, I think, that one of the failures of subsequent mmo's is to figure out how to incentivize grouping. I spent 5 months or so playing SWTOR at release until I realized, wtf, this is just a single player game with a lame mmo aspect tacked on.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By the way, I forget which year it was, but it was during the classic era, at the annual fan faire, SOE set up a joke forum called "soloing in Everquest." It had a bunch of seats set up, but no speaker announced, just a sign announcing the forum topic. Was funny. If I did some googling I could probably find a photo of it.

The original "vision" really was to not solo and to incentivize group adventuring. I admire that goal immensely, but of course, this gameworld is now old and so we do all kinds of things with it.

But it is true, I think, that one of the failures of subsequent mmo's is to figure out how to incentivize grouping. I spent 5 months or so playing SWTOR at release until I realized, wtf, this is just a single player game with a lame mmo aspect tacked on.
Hah, nice.

My thoughts on soloing in MMOs: it's kinda lame, sure. But I can't get enough of it. It's like... soloing in a game that was intended for you to want (or even need) groups is just the best. Single player games designed as such? Playing them solo is just playing them. But solo baldurs gate or solo stuff in an MMO you're supposed to need a group for? It's different, better for me, worse for some.

Puzzle solving maybe? Some players just love figuring out how to make something work that wasn't supposed to?
Old 10-28-2016, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

Right, I like the idea of really having to solve a difficult situation. Chanters are good at this because they have a lot of tools that can be used in creative ways. I like grouping too, sort of, but it's kind of boring compared to some of the solo challenges. I just took my chanter to Kaesora, been bumming around in there doing really risky stuff and attempting to live through it. Good exp? No. Good loot? Not really. But it's good fun.