Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: When was your first experience with Everquest?
Pre-Kunark (March 1999-April 2000) 4,623 51.27%
Kunark (April 2000-December 2000) 2,280 25.29%
Velious (December 2000-December 2001) 908 10.07%
Luclin or later (December 2001-Present) 683 7.57%
Never played Everquest on live. Project 1999 is your first experience. 523 5.80%
Voters: 9017. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 05:30 AM
Decaying Skeleton

First experience of SoE was EQ2, where I played a necro because my friend was into the game and figured I could just do my own thing when not teaming up with him. Tried to get into EQ live, but never got far into it. Tried this out and THIS is what I like. I love the super slow advancement. Stopped playing WoW, EQ2, Live so I could devote more time to learning 99. My first char on 99 was a necro who bit it right away when I attacked my guildmaster because I didn't know the keyboard layout and hit autoattack. Other deaths: autoattacked PoD; fall of platform in Kelethin; death by kobold in N Qeynos two steps into newbie area; Piranha in halfling area; death by kobold scout two steps into Toxx forest; drowning in Oggok. Most before I could find one mob to kill. At least those days are behind me.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:29 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default First character

I started playing EQ in September of 2000, just a few months before Velious came out. Human magician, Tribunal server.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:30 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Since Pre-Kunark, from Tunare server here. /wave
Old 10-24-2016, 12:39 AM
Sarnak

I voted never played because I only messed around with it a bit. My first experience with the MMORPG gameplay was with MUD servers. Later I got into diablo which was my addiction until wow came out. After wow started going even more pleb friendly I jumped from one mmo to another trying to find that sweetspot between reward and difficulty. Sadly I just really couldnt get over the primitive 3d graphics of classic EQ/luclin. I must have played prior to luclin because up until recently I had no idea they tried to upgrade the character models. It seems like my place is with p99. This server seems to have exactly what I wanted.
Last edited by A1rh3ad; 10-24-2016 at 12:45 AM..
Old 10-24-2016, 10:13 AM
Aviak

I was lucky enough to go to the fan faire back in 2000 in san diego california. It was epjc dude. Got stoned to the bone with a few of the guides. Was co to see like minded individuals.... of course there were some folks who i feel lived the game. Took it to far....but most dressed up a little and had a good time with the RL quests they had. Running around the resort / hotel. Friends getting action from random girls dresed up.

Fyi the chick who was the official friona vie mascot was dressed to the gills in full costume. She was crazy hot. 1/2 through the day securiy had to hang out with her because all the nerds were trying to grope her when they were taking photos.. i think i was 20 at the time...maybe 21

Good times good times.
Blue
Old 10-24-2016, 10:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaosfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was lucky enough to go to the fan faire back in 2000 in san diego california. It was epjc dude. Got stoned to the bone with a few of the guides. Was co to see like minded individuals.... of course there were some folks who i feel lived the game. Took it to far....but most dressed up a little and had a good time with the RL quests they had. Running around the resort / hotel. Friends getting action from random girls dresed up.

Fyi the chick who was the official friona vie mascot was dressed to the gills in full costume. She was crazy hot. 1/2 through the day securiy had to hang out with her because all the nerds were trying to grope her when they were taking photos.. i think i was 20 at the time...maybe 21

Good times good times.
When RP is concerned you can never take it too far. Life is short, why not live more than one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2016, 10:49 AM
Aviak

Agreed. And this was many many years ago..... now a days she would have called the cops. The kid would have to register as a sex offender. And she would have sued SoE.

Lol, dont get me wrong....no one deserves to be groped by nerds, i guess.....unless your into that thing.

Lol
Blue
Old 10-27-2016, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

Default Reppin' Quellious!!!

First experience was a Dark Elf of some sort... he was an int caster.

I ran into Nektulos forest, excited to begin my world conquest but having no idea what to do. I watched another player running in circles around the log directly outside of Neriak, so I figured that's what you're supposed to do.

I spent a good 10 minutes running in circles there, not realizing he was just pathing funny because he had gone LD.

From there, some trial and error, spending my first few weeks trying to level in Nektulos and EC, until I discovered that DRUIDS could KITE AAAAAND SoW themselves?!

Alas, young Tildadar was born. He was my first real main until Kunark was released, at which point I began boxing and PL'ing my new main, Denizzen Squirrelbeater, name inspired from my first real guild (who were wonderful people) - the <Denizens of Shez'Baernon>, the scourge of Cabilis who became the infamous "Mank" of Quellious.

Loved loved loved loved playing EQ. Life is much different now and I can't sit still for 12+ hours at a time to stay ahead of everyone else... but I still thoroughly enjoy p99.

I'd say the main thing I miss, is this one other Wood Elf Druid named Squal or Squall. He was from the "gan guild" and spoke little to no English, and was my Tildadar's arch nemesis. We leveled at the same time, camped the same drops, and literally always ran into each other. We trained each other into the ground, KS'ed each other left and right, competed against one another in EC Tunnel for flipping items for plat, etc. etc. etc. Never petitioned each other cuz we both had the "I AIN'T NO BITCH" mindset, and just enjoyed the competition. Good times...

/end rambling
Old 10-31-2016, 12:29 AM
Banned

I started during the LDoN expansion. First character was a human paladin, and I roleplayed in kurns tower.

Edit: Took me like like 5 mins to zone. I had onboard graphics and 256 or 512 RAM.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:43 PM
Kobold

Started in beta, baby.
Closed Thread