Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salahdin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, EC Hagglers used to log in for a few hours haggle then log off, not sit on a boxed toon for 10-12-16 hours a day buying and reselling while farming on their mains.
I thought boxing was against server rules? I thought the guy that is selling in EC with a second account has a wife/husband that plays and is just having fun on EQ with them?
Old 11-11-2016, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought boxing was against server rules? I thought the guy that is selling in EC with a second account has a wife/husband that plays and is just having fun on EQ with them?
My friend you must be fairly new around here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Do you think a guy who plays 17 year old EQ 16 hours a day has a wife?

( and yes boxing is against the rules but lotta people circumvent the system using different methods, some are almost untraceable/stoppable )
Last edited by Salahdin; 11-11-2016 at 08:06 PM..
Old 11-11-2016, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salahdin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
good point. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2016, 10:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
My friend you must be fairly new around here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

( and yes boxing is against the rules but lotta people circumvent the system using different methods, some are almost untraceable/stoppable )
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2016, 11:52 PM
Banned

Trailer parks.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:22 AM
Kobold

Can someone enlighten me how p99 auctions helped avoid re-seller's? the only part i get is that people had a resource to find out rough values - anyone with any substantial amount of money already knows these rough values - so who are they selling to newbs with no money?
Old 11-12-2016, 02:12 AM
Planar Protector

Resellers can make a level 1 and push prices up or down with fake auctions depending on their agenda. What probably goes on but isnt talked about is fat cats colluding with each other to make more plat together.

Personally I'd rather play EverQuest.
Old 11-12-2016, 03:10 AM
Kobold

I ask because im a re-seller of sorts ( I buy under the rough price and sell at the price or lower depending on my margin and sometimes a little higher ) and I only buy at a price that im willing to pay as anyone should really -

I just dont see how people with plat ( meaning they spent time acquiring it and would know the EC basics or at a minimum certainly would know someone who does know if they avoid it ) would pay some crazy price for any item unless it was knowingly - im not paying 1k for for hero bracers regardless for example and anyone who has any real plat would know this isnt a "correct" price -

So unless its people ripping off some newb for a green jade broadsword at 200p because he doesnt "know" any better i just dont see how jacking up a price can really happen UNLESS allot of people who know better are paying

But its possible I dont really understand this topic, im only a mid lvl player, I have EC'd my entire career since live back in the day and at least understand general EC mechanics and "oversellers" (as I call them) never bothered me, I guess as re-seller I dont want to be grouped into the "bad re-seller" lot

anyways thanks for the info
Old 11-12-2016, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

Not sure why all that fuss about resellers.

If you like a price on an item, who cares how much the seller got the item for, originally? They might be getting 30% margin on it but the only reason someone would care about it is jealousy.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

Resellers do offer liquidity to the market, they ensure items are available for wider periods of time, even though they do take a margin as their payment. There's good with the bad, it's not all one sided.
Closed Thread