Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 01:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it was Linidan

and yes i was, thats how i got my silver rose +2 INT rings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fucking shit man! Tell me if you remember any of this ...

So my plan for the invasion was to try to lure the high level darkies away from Nektulos. We first engaged in North Ro and drew Mercenaries of Darkness and other organized darkies who killed a few of us and camped the corpses. We then teleported en mass to West Commons and invaded Nektulos from there. The misdirection let us have our way with the noobs in Nektulos for a good solid hour before high levels got involved and started training guards on us, thus ending the invasion. One of my finest moments as a guild leader and organizer of player-run open world events. Linidan was a pal.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

On think that was great with VZ was the absence of common language...
I remember doing a few run as a 20 or so bard running with money to sol ro for armor quest... crossing nektulos with darkies shouting things you don't understand and possibly trying to catching you was rather frightening
Old 06-13-2016, 03:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the velious human helm will always just remind me of Gruffer
Hooked up with Gruffer's crew on the Sleeper progression server. We became Ascendency in Vanguard and merged into Xanit K'Ven when the server merge happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was me! I miss the old VZ days. I havent been able to find anything close to it since i quit playing.
Who was you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulli_Bulli [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vanguard was pretty good, had a lot of old VZers, flew the XK tag there.
Who were you in XK? I was Aenor and Anarion (two boxed my entire time in the game).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vanguard was great. I played with alot of old HECK members there. It was a great game once you got passed the bugs.
HECK Vanguard forums still exist:

http://www.thrack.com/forums/

More VG nostalgia:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110725...php?itemid=561

Vanguard regret at 20:50:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Xr...zqO32X2T75DdtF

Moorgard's Vanguard eulogy:

http://www.mobhunter.com/?paged=2
Old 06-13-2016, 06:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh god, beat down brad giving a higher powers credit for the success of everquest

i may have had 1% faith in pantheon but now i surely have none
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:22 AM
Orc

Who were you in XK? I was Aenor and Anarion (two boxed my entire time in the game).

Was a warrior in VG named Honour, and think I might of had a cleric at that time named Baand. Played from just about launch up till everyone in XK decided to take a break since there was no raid content out yet and I got left with the bag so to speak. Ended up transferring servers and joining BoTs. Im still semi active on the XK forums and I got the mumble info from Tipp the other week.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:49 AM
Fire Giant

Sup Honour I remember you ... are you actively playing on red?

Keep hope alive, Smedy, keep hope alive.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:01 AM
Orc

actually im active on blue, didnt think many xk were playing still over on red, you?
Old 06-14-2016, 09:00 AM
Fire Giant

Haven't been active in a long time and red isn't worth playing on. My crew is waiting for Discord or Teams if they ever happen. The sense is that the staff has their plate full keeping the project afloat with all the staff controversies and any new servers are on the back burner.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZ_Xanit K'ven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
do it do it

screenshots from the golden Age !
hum, that sounds not so great, I recovered 6 hard drive (4 IDE and 2 SATA), but I've only been able to read one of the IDE ones. I've only been able to find screenshot on the sata ones and they date from 2004...

The IDE drive I was able to read returned nothing interesting, I guess I have to reassemble a computer and put the three other drive inside to see if I can recover something there.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:39 PM
Banned

Put up various vallon zek pics here era 1999-2001: http://coreserver.net/smedy/?dir=Eve...20Vallon%20Zek
Closed Thread