Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-15-2015, 08:58 PM
Sarnak

wine eqgame.exe patchme

I dunno about PlayOnLinux.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:44 PM
Sarnak

Ok, just deleted and completely restarted using the steps on the first page of this thread. Now when I run wine eqgame.exe patchme my Terminal gives the following: wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\eqgame.exe

Also tried just typing wine and dragging and dropping the file to get the exact file path, followed by patchme. No go either...this is frustrating.
Last edited by 1203jjt; 01-16-2015 at 12:01 AM..
Old 02-20-2015, 11:51 AM
Skeleton

Now how do I get the models working ? I can run the game but the models isnt showing such as character models, mobs, npcs and such.. Is there anyway of solving that ?
Old 02-20-2015, 12:15 PM
Fire Giant

What version of Wine? Character models haven't been a problem for a long time... -- Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 02-20-2015, 01:03 PM
Skeleton

I got it working somehow , I have no clue what I did but I did change some values in the ini file. But never the less this is a great guide you've provided us with! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-23-2015, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Ok, I finally just booted into the game successfully for the first time in linux, without crashing. I haven't run through any zones to look for bugs, but I can give you guys a bit of useful info.

First, I am using an AMD ATI card, which I think was my problem. I managed to get it working after following the instructions in this video for updating my drivers through AMD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evqpassbyqA

Second, I had to run it through WINE as the tutorial suggests, AND change my ini file to the one provided. I also had to reboot computer after running sudo apt-get update to make sure I had everything up to date. I consider myself a novice Ubuntu user, so I'm impressed that I got it working. I hope that helps a little for everyone struggling with ATI issues.

Only strange thing I'm experiencing is that DoT tick messages aren't appearing. I've tried changing all my filters, and still nothing...anyone else experience this? I started a thread in the Server Chat forum, but thought it might have something to do with running it on linux?
Last edited by 1203jjt; 02-23-2015 at 06:42 PM..
Old 03-17-2015, 12:28 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by feste [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is happening to me too. went from ubuntu 13.xx it was working just fine and now with linux mint 17 I have the blank server select screen. Same eq folder too.
Has anyone solved this issue for playing under Ubuntu + WINE? I am trying to get Project1999 running and I'm encountering the blank server list.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:35 PM
Aviak

I've never resolved it, the "official" solution I found years ago still holds true...

"My one Linux box has that problem, I never solved it. The workaround is to log out, and log back in until the list shows " - Cavedude
Old 03-19-2015, 06:30 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by theG33K [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never resolved it, the "official" solution I found years ago still holds true...

"My one Linux box has that problem, I never solved it. The workaround is to log out, and log back in until the list shows " - Cavedude
Hrm, I've tried quite a few times before giving up and rebooting into Windows, but I'll try more tonight.

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2015, 01:17 PM
Aviak

Honestly it's a crap shoot, some times it's on the first try, others on the 10th. I've had to attempt for 15 minutes straight on occasion. It will show up, eventually....