Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReoDobbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, it is completely ridiculous, almost every nuke hits for more and has more dpm by a significant margin. There's two different spans Mages go 10 levels between a nuke upgrade too. And yes I think snare, root, evac, teleport is worth more than DS, a worse shaman Malo, and summoned items (lol)
The problem is mage isn’t the only other dps class in the game
Old 12-28-2021, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiithsa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I try not to get into the number crunching of it all. I have fun playing wizard and however much they lack in efficiency doesn't seem to affect me too much.

This is a game after all. Are you having fun? This is what matters
Yeah pretty much, and also when people get into min\max efficiency discussions like this it becomes totally mathematical and the human element gets left out. A terribly-played mage will be more of a group liability than a very excellently-played wizard.

It's funny to think about back in classic vanilla where camps would have lists of names of people waiting to get into the group, entirely organized by the players, and you'd just take whoever was next on the list regardless of their class.
Old 12-28-2021, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah pretty much, and also when people get into min\max efficiency discussions like this it becomes totally mathematical and the human element gets left out. A terribly-played mage will be more of a group liability than a very excellently-played wizard.

It's funny to think about back in classic vanilla where camps would have lists of names of people waiting to get into the group, entirely organized by the players, and you'd just take whoever was next on the list regardless of their class.
I mean you definitely wouldn’t take whoever was next on the list if you didn’t have a healer or tank and needed one lol. Or if you already had like a Druid people definitely wouldn’t take another. Although generally on P99 with group lists my experience is that if a dps class is needed you’re not like skipping around the list; it’s only an issue if you have a spot open and you have a wizard and another dps both LFG in the zone.

What was more crazy to me about back in the day was people thought the lowest member of the group took the most exp lol. So you had these groups taking higher level people and turning away the lower levels thinking they were maximizing their exp. Little did they know
Old 12-28-2021, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
A terribly-played mage
Stopped reading here.

Sorry to break it to ya fellas, EQ is a low skill game, especially in the context of being 20+ years old and we all know it.

Have fun, just don't pretend there is some serious skill involved.
Old 12-28-2021, 05:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry to break it to ya fellas, EQ is a low skill game
Soooo you're saying it's impossible to play a mage well or poorly and that everyone is just as effective as the next person? Though I do agree that EQ is low skill even for the most difficult classes, it's absurd to suggest that you can't play a class poorly just for the sake of letting everyone know that it's a low-skill game as if they didn't already know.

Given that mages and wizards fall into the same category I think their comment is totally viable in that comparison. Some idiot playing a mage is going to be less effective than a wizard whose actually trying to not be useless, but the argument of balance in regards to whether or not a fictional person is slacking off is total nonsense to begin with as it's dependent on context. Delving further into quotes, a game can't be fun if you know you're the useless anchor no one wants; aka the wizard.

Anyway, this thread is basically "nerf ench/shaman", which any sane person would agree with, but we also all know it's never gonna happen.
Last edited by Keza; 12-28-2021 at 05:08 PM..
Old 12-28-2021, 09:02 PM
Banned

Wink

The only way for us to resolve this thread is for 150 of us to run around in a lvl 60 only wizard guild deleting entire zones.
Old 01-01-2022, 03:16 AM
Sarnak

You want the easiest, least invasive, laziest 'fix' for wizards? Just lower the cool down time on Harvest to like 1-2 min. All fixed.
Maybe give them an easy to acquire clicky mana free DD like the mage's have would be nice too.
Last edited by NPC; 01-01-2022 at 03:19 AM..
Old 01-01-2022, 08:51 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only way for us to resolve this thread is for 150 of us to run around in a lvl 60 only wizard guild deleting entire zones.
I approve of this
Closed Thread