Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-08-2022, 12:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- They want a healthy amount of players on whichever server they decide to play on and there aren't enough people interested in any flavor of P99 to support 3 well populated servers. Why the fuck is this so hard for you? Let's address each of these dumbass points (again)

1: Don't care about loot on any server
2: Don't care about blue (or green)
3: Don't care about blue raid scene (see my RNF posts making fun of it constantly)
4: Don't care about my blue characters/progression (have repeatedly said I'd prefer blue be wiped)

Literally every one of your talking points is stupid and doesn't apply to me and very likely doesn't apply to most people disagreeing with you. It's a cute strawman you're arguing with but give it a rest.

First off, server pop is absolutley fine. Maybe not on blue, because you guys live in a beta hell hole of your own design, but green is just fine.

Why would anyone knowing the history of blue, having the option of green, ever want to go back?

That's not really a question, it's more of a statement, because the answer is obvious, no one would.

Again, blue is a victim of its own design and trying to force people back because yalls 13 year old pixels are stagnating is your own fault.

Thanks no thanks. I'll take a clean server with a good environment over that blue beta bucks server any day of the week.

And a lot of other people will too.

But hey, if you want a healthy pop so bad, quit your blue characters and join green.

It's literally as simple as that. You just don't want to.

Expecting green players to give up their good environment to be drawn into that suck hole of a server really speaks volumes to both the selfishness of your character, and the nosnense of your argument. It's something you'll say they should do, but arent willing to do yourself. If "mUh PoPuLaTiOnS" was such a big deal to you, you'd just join green. You want your cake and want to eat it too, and everyone else be damned.

"i DoNt PlAy EiThEr": Then why do you care where characters get merged? You dont play on blue, right?

"bUt My PoPuLaTiOnS.": You can always play on green, or green 2.0. Again, nobody wants to move their fresh wholesome green server characters to your server.

"nOtHiNg Is WrOnG wItH bLuE": Numbers speak for themselves, you can't argue math.

This thread is over, and while your emotional stuntedness will prevent you from seeing how wrong you are, you blue berries can keep brigading. I welcome it, just makes ya'll look more ridiculous.
Last edited by ya.dingus; 06-08-2022 at 01:06 AM..
Old 06-08-2022, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

The population count might even be bit too high on green as it gets longer in tooth. People will continually filter into the higher level areas as time goes on so there will be less and less elbow room found there.

You sure the hell arent going to want 1k players all playing level 58-60 toons with nothing to do but elf lawyer every single camp in the game.
Old 06-08-2022, 03:55 AM
Kobold

Despite being drunk - as usual - when I'm on this forum, this thread obviously screams of either trolling or an inability to assilimate with normal humans.

OP often using the terms 'minority/majority' is a major tell. Redditors love those words. People who say this don't necessarily lack a real argument, but lack the ability to make it. The mindless majority and the vocal minority. One is correct because they agree and the other is bad because they disagree. So the story goes. It means nothing. Blanket statements aimed at no one with everything depending on subjection.

I agree with OP in regards to how they regard Blue - a fucked up beta full of pixel-obsessed nostalgia farmers - but if you want Green to be some perpetual existence then I have to disagree with your brain. If Green exists forever it's hardly different from Blue.
Old 06-08-2022, 11:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The population count might even be bit too high on green as it gets longer in tooth. People will continually filter into the higher level areas as time goes on so there will be less and less elbow room found there.

You sure the hell arent going to want 1k players all playing level 58-60 toons with nothing to do but elf lawyer every single camp in the game.
You haven't been around very long have ya? Or maybe just a short term memory? Blue had 1000+ active players for like a decade and it was fine. Many would argue it was better. Less empty zones and people didn't stick to just 1 or 2 zones per level bracket quite as much as they do now. Getting groups was easier. Green has a decent population. I'd argue its on the medium/low end of the ideal number but it's fine. Blue is a touch low. The gap between blue and green is exaggerated by some folks around here lol. As of this post there is less than 100 player difference between blue and green. Adding a 3rd server will put all 3 in a shitty spot. OR everyone flocks to green 2.0 and blue/green 1.0 are super low. Either way is not good and makes no sense.
Old 06-08-2022, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off, server pop is absolutley fine.
It's "fine" now. Many (myself included) would argue somewhere in the 1000-1300 player count was better but ~800ish is decent. Wanna know what's not going to be fine? When each server has less than 500 cause you think having the same 1500ish people split to 3 servers instead of 2 is somehow a good idea. Or maybe you're just delusional and think P99's overall playerbase is going to drastically expand out of nowhere after 13 years? I'm struggling to understand your broken thought process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would anyone knowing the history of blue, having the option of green, ever want to go back?

That's not really a question, it's more of a statement, because the answer is obvious, no one would.

Again, blue is a victim of its own design and trying to force people back because yalls 13 year old pixels are stagnating is your own fault.

Thanks no thanks. I'll take a clean server with a good environment over that blue beta bucks server any day of the week.

And a lot of other people will too.

But hey, if you want a healthy pop so bad, quit your blue characters and join green.
Do you really not understand that green is going to end up being nearly exactly identical to blue if it's allowed to continue running forever independently? The entire point of green (once called the "Recycle" server) is that it resets over and over at end of timeline. The concept is very similar to diablo seasons and whatnot. At the end of the season your shit gets dumped into the main server and the new season starts fresh.

Quote:
Expecting green players to give up their good environment to be drawn into that suck hole of a server really speaks volumes to both the selfishness of your character, and the nosnense of your argument. It's something you'll say they should do, but arent willing to do yourself. If "mUh PoPuLaTiOnS" was such a big deal to you, you'd just join green. You want your cake and want to eat it too, and everyone else be damned.
The "good environment" of green is already well on it's way to the mudflation levels of blue. It will inevitably reach almost exactly the same position if it continues running without resets. You're basically asking for green to become blue 2.0 without even realizing it. Speaking of selfishness. Who's selfish idea is it to split ~1500 players into 3 servers instead of 2 so they can keep playing on blue 2.0 to the detriment of the entire P99 project?

Quote:
"i DoNt PlAy EiThEr": Then why do you care where characters get merged? You dont play on blue, right?

"bUt My PoPuLaTiOnS.": You can always play on green, or green 2.0. Again, nobody wants to move their fresh wholesome green server characters to your server.

"nOtHiNg Is WrOnG wItH bLuE": Numbers speak for themselves, you can't argue math.
1: I care because I don't want 3 servers with < 500 players. I want 2 with 750-800 or more. Unlike some of us I don't have selfish motives. I want what's best for the project and the health of all servers going forward.

2: LOL @ fresh wholesome. Can't wait for the end of Green 2.0 when some idiot wants their fresh and wholesome chars to stay on an independent server permanently before Green 3.0

3: You're right you can't argue math. Green has 600 ppl on right now and Blue has 500. Wooo boy. Astronomical difference there. Blue is practically dead huh?
Old 06-08-2022, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Blue is the best P99 server in history. Green players should feel humbled and honored to have an opportunity to join it one day.
Old 06-08-2022, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Despite being drunk - as usual - when I'm on this forum, this thread obviously screams of either trolling or an inability to assilimate with normal humans.

OP often using the terms 'minority/majority' is a major tell. Redditors love those words. People who say this don't necessarily lack a real argument, but lack the ability to make it. The mindless majority and the vocal minority. One is correct because they agree and the other is bad because they disagree. So the story goes. It means nothing. Blanket statements aimed at no one with everything depending on subjection.

I agree with OP in regards to how they regard Blue - a fucked up beta full of pixel-obsessed nostalgia farmers - but if you want Green to be some perpetual existence then I have to disagree with your brain. If Green exists forever it's hardly different from Blue.
Yeah I mean the fact of the matter is having three servers for PvE that all go to Velious just isn't viable with the current population. We'll end up with like a couple hundred each on Blue and Green 1.0, and then like 700 on Green 2.0 (700 is doable, but not great, until you hit the first expansion). If we had the population I would more than support keeping three servers open; I enjoy playing on both Green and Blue currently, but both are very underpopulated and top heavy and could use more people...I wish we had enough for three servers but we don't, we don't even have enough for two lol, but I'd rather have two somewhat underpopulated servers than 3 very underpopulated servers (this is a social game; as you said OP seems to have mental issues that prevent assimilation with normal humans so he probably just solos by himself the whole time and that's why he doesn't care about server population).

OP is obsessed with the idea that his accomplishments on Green mean something...they don't and neither do mine. But even if in his deluded mind he thinks they do, what he doesn't realize is keeping three PvE servers open would lead to no one even caring about Green 1.0 at all...it will just be the dead original version of Green 2.0. Merge the servers, have a period of healthy pop on one server for awhile, and then create Green 2.0.
Old 06-08-2022, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

consider blue
Old 06-08-2022, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The "good environment" of green is already well on it's way to the mudflation levels of blue. It will inevitably reach almost exactly the same position if it continues running without resets. You're basically asking for green to become blue 2.0 without even realizing it. Speaking of selfishness. Who's selfish idea is it to split ~1500 players into 3 servers instead of 2 so they can keep playing on blue 2.0 to the detriment of the entire P99 project?
This is the critical point. Fact of the matter is Green is becoming more mudflated by the month. I can't even count the people I know on Green who have hundreds of thousands of plat on their chars for example. Is it as mudflated as Blue currently? No, of course not, but it's not a huge distance behind. I've noticed it in the tunnel on Green over the past 6 months...prices are creeping toward Blue levels and the amount of plat in circulation is only increasing massively by the week because classic EQ didn't have planned plat sinks because MMOs (and the lessons learned) didn't widely exist yet.

And we're not talking about merging Green and Blue tomorrow. If someone wanted to say "the merge would negatively affect Green's economy if we merged in the next 6 months" maybe I could see an argument for that. But IIRC we're not going to be at the end of the patch timeline for Green until like this fall right? And then I would imagine there's gonna be several months of Green's life post-final patch. And then the merge will happen. So that's probably like a year from now and by then Green is gonna be completely mudflated worse than it already is.

OP won't acknowledge that because he doesn't actually care about the economy, or server population/health, or anything. He has acquired certain pixels and completed certain accomplishments on Green that are integral to who he is as a person (because he's too addicted to this game) and he is petrified of what he sees as a diminishment of those accomplishments should the server merge...which frankly is just really stupid.
Old 06-08-2022, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And we're not talking about merging Green and Blue tomorrow. If someone wanted to say "the merge would negatively affect Green's economy if we merged in the next 6 months" maybe I could see an argument for that. But IIRC we're not going to be at the end of the patch timeline for Green until like this fall right?
The patch timeline is over as of this month's update. The total timeline ends in July, that's when Luclin would have released. So green is basically done right now.