Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 11:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm on teal. =)
I was gonna say it sounds like a teal problem. More soloers wanting prime camps came to teal in hopes the low pop would allow them to.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't matter if the server is red, blue, green, teal, or purple.. The same gross people will always exist, and will always ruin it for others.. Just sucks it kills the motivation to login and want to play..
Old 11-21-2019, 11:15 AM
Aviak

Sometimes I group, like last night. Sometimes I solo, like the night before last night. I am not going to give up my camp, whatever it is, just cause someone else wants wants it. It is strange to me someone would even ask me to do so. Now, if I can't hold everything I am claiming, sure, take the mobs I am not "engaging within a reasonable time". I have no problem with that.
This also works in reverse. There is no expectation on my part of mobs being free when I show up to a zone. Why would I?
OP said he gave up his camp for a group of lower level players. That it was the right thing to do. Why? What makes 6 people who didn't bother to scout out their camp more important then the first guy to start killing crap?
Old 11-21-2019, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

I'm guilty of this except I pretty much only duo. XP is just so damn slow in a full group. Back in the day I didn't know any better and I was a cleric so I had little options. It's hard when you're older with a job and responsibilities to use your 3-4 hours in the evening to play to get a yellow bubble in a full group when you can knock out 80% of your level in the same time.

Also I think Classic just doesn't cater to full grouping very well. In Kunark we have Karnors Castle, Old Sebilis that can house up to half a dozen full groups with great loot options to hope for while getting your sub-optimal full group XP.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:57 AM
Kobold

I dunno. Today, just like in 99-00, I don't bother even looking for a group if I know I don't have the time to commit to it. It's a waste of my time and others.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuktus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP said he gave up his camp for a group of lower level players. That it was the right thing to do. Why? What makes 6 people who didn't bother to scout out their camp more important then the first guy to start killing crap?
I'll answer this by saying that I wasn't getting exp for every mob. And impeding experience of other players is against the play nice policy. If all the mobs were giving me experience then that wouldn't have been the case. So, yeah it was the right thing to do. When I was a guide on Tunare... I forced many players to leave their non-exp camps for groups that could. If it was a good item camp it was with the understanding that the person who had to give up their non-exp camp it got first loot of it. Most players were happy with this, except the ones who wanted multiples of that item to sell.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Be nice to each other. Review the play nice policy.

Do on to others as thou wants done onto themself.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll answer this by saying that I wasn't getting exp for every mob. And impeding experience of other players is against the play nice policy. If all the mobs were giving me experience then that wouldn't have been the case. So, yeah it was the right thing to do. When I was a guide on Tunare... I forced many players to leave their non-exp camps for groups that could. If it was a good item camp it was with the understanding that the person who had to give up their non-exp camp it got first loot of it. Most players were happy with this, except the ones who wanted multiples of that item to sell.
Impeding xp gains and killing green, I dont think those are the same thing. Live rules and p99 rules are different. I looked in the PNP and I cant find any mention that mobs are required to grant xp to be claimed as part of a camp. I could very well be wrong here.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:57 PM
Fire Giant

Another reason why EQ pvp makes for better in game community. People band together and group for protection and the solo enchanter that does not give way gets jumped.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:57 PM
Kobold

If EQ PvP made for a better community, more than 20 people would play Red at any given time.

How is that not painfully obvious?
Closed Thread