Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 02:58 AM
Skeleton

Default Rolling on p99 blue. Ranger of Rogue?

Just got back into the game, and wanted to know if rolling a ranger is a bad idea? Do people invite them into groups? or are they shunned due to their big exp penalty and lack of contribution to the group? I'd rather play a ranger then a rogue, but I know both classes will rely on groups.

I got good gear, so I'm not concern about that. I Just wanted to know if rangers are still hated on - thanks.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:01 AM
Fire Giant

To an extent, yes rangers still have a rough time. But if you are a good player, play often, and make friends/get your name around you won't have problems except possibly at the higher levels.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:05 AM
Skeleton

I'm patient and willing to try. I do want to eventually raid and progress into the game fully. I just don't want to be held back.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:06 AM
Fire Giant

If you're dedicated and passionate about playing a ranger than you'll be fine. Far less valued high end than rogues though I imagine, especially come velious
Old 12-13-2012, 03:21 AM
Sarnak

Ranger will be able to solo more. Rogues will be easier to get a group with. That being said, just play whatever you want to play the most. If not you'll just burn out and give up the first character
Old 12-13-2012, 03:45 AM
Aviak

I have yet to have my ranger turned away from a group because he's a ranger. Granted he is low 30's but I doubt most people care as long as you aren't a douche. Remember too - Rangers lead the way.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

Kunark is not an easy time for Rangers post 50. Velious will make a big difference...plus you'll have at least some sort of raid utility with Weaponshield. I've always played a Ranger main, so I knew what to expect. Seeing a high level Ranger is kind of cool...seeing a high level rogue is ordinary.
Last edited by fadetree; 12-13-2012 at 09:08 AM..
Old 12-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kunark is not an easy time for Rangers post 50. Velious will make a big difference...plus you'll have at least some sort of raid utility with Weaponshield.
Wait.. rangers are swording and boarding in velious? That sounds terrible :X I want to play a DPS class. Pewpew all the way.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

Swording and boarding? No. Weaponshield is an 18 second disc during which you are at 100% parry, so you take no damage. Useful for tank switches and also to start a fight with a hard to slow mob, plus lets you cast to land a bunch of aggro for the tank to taunt off you.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Only thing you are going to Melee is Green spiders someplace in Velious. Panic Animal works for fear kiting, and shooting a bow from 200 foot away 200 times to kill a light blue mob. Pretty much what a Ranger does in Velious other than track something you really can't kill face to face. And I have a Ranger.
Closed Thread