Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2020, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Put a price on this:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Ton_Po%..._Understanding
Old 10-25-2020, 03:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wouldn't be as much as a fungus covered great staff (up to the 2 mil range), probably in the 600k to 900k range?
Old 10-25-2020, 10:02 PM
Sarnak

I can hardly imagine fungi tunic prices being over 100k for long, especially given the lack of crazy plat farms like those stupid seafuries on Blue. Maybe they'll be that expensive at first, but come on - how many people on green are sitting pretty on six-figure bank accounts? When fungi tunic farmers realize that basically nobody has hundreds of thousands of plat, they'll be forced to either

A) hold onto their fungi tunics for ages, or

B) decide that if they want to sell those tunics before the heat death of the universe occurs, they'll need to reduce their prices to something realistic.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothsayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can hardly imagine fungi tunic prices being over 100k for long, especially given the lack of crazy plat farms like those stupid seafuries on Blue. Maybe they'll be that expensive at first, but come on - how many people on green are sitting pretty on six-figure bank accounts? When fungi tunic farmers realize that basically nobody has hundreds of thousands of plat, they'll be forced to either

A) hold onto their fungi tunics for ages, or

B) decide that if they want to sell those tunics before the heat death of the universe occurs, they'll need to reduce their prices to something realistic.
There will be people who refuse to go below 100k for awhile. It’s just like those idiots who want 200k+ for a mama stone. The truth is if you haven’t already been preparing to buy a fungi or aren’t a career unemployed just don’t expect to get a fungi for the next year.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothsayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, in hindsight, fungi tunic should've had a reasonably high level requirement when it was introduced into the game 20 years ago. The overwhelming power that fungi tunic represents for low to mid-level toons runs contrary to what this game is fundamentally about, and to be quite honest, I think there's a very compelling case to be made that the game would've been better off without it (as well as a few other powerful items that I won't mention here).

I suppose the existence of such obscenely powerful items with no level requirement is part of what makes this game unique, but that uniqueness doesn't necessarily translate to a better experience. Man, I remember hating it when UberGod monks with fungi tunics would occasionally join my XP groups on blue... I instantly felt useless.
Fungi has an inherent high level requirement in the fact that the camp is not easy to do. Did the devs ever expect people 20 years later to be camping it 24/7 to help level their alts easier? Not a chance.
Old 10-26-2020, 02:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There will be people who refuse to go below 100k for awhile. It’s just like those idiots who want 200k+ for a mama stone. The truth is if you haven’t already been preparing to buy a fungi or aren’t a career unemployed just don’t expect to get a fungi for the next year.
Except people are OFFERING 200k for manastones. I'm so happy I got mine for 160k a month or so ago. My chase is over.

People are asking 250k now. They are 700-800k on blue, different circumstances but someone who would ask for less than 200k would be the idiot.
Old 10-26-2020, 02:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did the devs ever expect people 20 years later to be camping it 24/7 to help level their alts easier? Not a chance.
Eh, it wasn't so different back then once people discovered it. When it comes to the actual original launch of the game, I'll say the devs might not have expected something like that; but by the time Kunark came out, they were perfectly aware of how people played the game. While P99 is more top-heavy than the game was back then, the principles are the same. Just look at the item's stats--I'd venture to guess that the thing they least expected is that certain classes would wear this obvious twink item in the upper levels.
Old 10-26-2020, 06:53 AM
Fire Giant

Real farmers know a fungi is worthless to keep. The rest play melees.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

Why would you buy a car to drive 5 miles to the park when you have two legs and can walk? Why not enjoy the ride, people? Jeez.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except people are OFFERING 200k for manastones.
That's news to this guy with two for sale.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=370193
Closed Thread