Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

Default Weird auto-attack bug

Today I keep getting hit by this strange bug. It makes me unable to auto-attack, and mob health bars don't move either despite clearly taking damage from other sources. Happened repeatedly in Upper Guk while in a group, with no visible cause or solution, and would just go away again after a while each time. I would target a mob that everyone else was fighting, activate auto-attack, and no swings would occur. When moving out of range, I would get the "target is out of range, get closer!" prompt, but nothing at all would happen when in range. It wasn't latency, everything else was fine and no signs of lagging.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Orc

Myself and a number of group members had the HP bug in Upper Guk, as well. I found the best thing to do is just target yourself or someone in the group and then retarget the mob. Haven't experienced the autoattack problem, but I don't play any melee classes currently.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Banned

Clear target, re-target. Usually caused by targeting via Macroquest, might possibly pop up in other zones without using MQ (Kedge comes to mind).
Old 09-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Fire Giant

Happens a LOT in Kedge. Phinny comes to mind, especially with pet tanking it.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Fire Giant

This used to happen when you /assisted when the target was too far away. Not sure if that got fixed or not though.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

This is still going on.

In Lguk today I got this bug repeatedly. This only seems to happen in the guks, as I can remember getting it in uguk when I was growing up and now in lguk.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Skeleton

This was happening to me this morning in Permafrost Keep and then again later in Mistmoore.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

I've had this happen as well. I was in LoIO pulling sarnaks for a group and the same sarnak (on the other side of the ramp, across from the ledge) was bugged 2 or 3 times.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I seem to have it in gfay, bb, and i started noticing it in other zones. I actually stopped playing a monk b/c of it at one point. I thought i had it fixed and i thought it was something with my AMD overdrive so i disabled that along with any CPU overdrive it had on. I even turned off CPU throttling so it was max frequency always as well. No Luck. Any solutions other than re-targeting constantly?