Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 03:19 AM
Sarnak

Default Charmed mobs sometimes quad

I noticed this in Cazic-Thule and don't remember seeing it anywhere else, so it may be exclusive to this zone. Whatever the case, charmed mobs would sometimes get four attacks instead of the two they ought to have.

It wasn't like any charmed mob had a small chance to quad, but more like the occasional charmed mob having a high chance to quad. Like 5% of charmed mobs would just have quad attack and would do so about as frequently as a typical mob double attacks.

The pets were not hasted and did not merely get two combat rounds between the other mob's two, the four attacks did occur simultaneously.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Aviak

Possible riposting mobs? Lol
Old 10-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Sarnak

It clearly says nothing about riposte. It's quite obvious when this happens, the charmed pet quads with considerable consistency, as if it simply had its number of attacks doubled by default. It'll quad repeatedly throughout the fight, and occurs only for the charmed mob, not the one it's fighting, whether or not they are identical mobs.

Update: this occurs much more frequently with spectres in OOT. Almost every time, really. May be related to mob level as I just went from killing in CT to killing spectres.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Aviak

The only reason I can think of is it defaults your charmed pet as it would a summoned pet at that level which could quad. So basically your charm turns the mob into a pet with summoned stats.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Sarnak

That may be the case, although it happens independently of the mob's weapon situation. Unarmed alligators, spectres with 2h scythes, mobs with one weapon, they can all sometimes quad when charmed. After some further testing, the frequency of occurance indeed appears to depend on the mob's level, although it doesn't always seem to occur even with mobs that are higher level than what is required of normal summoned pets to quad. I can't really investigate it any further myself but am happy to reproduce for demonstration if an admin wants to see.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Sarnak

Still happening. Charmed mobs gain dual-wield regardless of their previous properties, and even get up to four attacks when using a two-handed weapon. Curiously enough, this doesn't have quite as big of an influence on their DPS as it seems like it should, though it still does affect it; I suspect a mob's combat mechanics change completely when charmed, probably to something more akin to summoned pets. They quad when charmed, but it feels like they hit a bit less accurately and for less average damage, resulting in less than double DPS, but still a visible increase.
Closed Thread