Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 03:21 PM
Banned

if you're thinking end-game, i'd go full DEX and remaining STA. CHA is easy to come by with gear, can throw it on if/when needed. at end-game grouping you'll prob be a dex monkey for proc stuff (tish orb etc.).

you could even do full STA and remaining DEX since most end-game bard pieces have a ton of DEX
Old 06-28-2015, 02:18 AM
Aviak

Strength, strength, strength...

When swarm kiting none of your stats will make a difference unless twisting. Typically you'll keep dentons on for the most part because of the range. In that case, boosting your strength and bag space to continue pulling longer will work best becoming encumbered sucks for swarm kiting.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Strength, strength, strength...

When swarm kiting none of your stats will make a difference unless twisting. Typically you'll keep dentons on for the most part because of the range. In that case, boosting your strength and bag space to continue pulling longer will work best becoming encumbered sucks for swarm kiting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My bard is my main and I don't solo, I hate it. I enjoy grouping
Old 06-28-2015, 10:08 AM
Sarnak

Charisma only has an effect on lull resists. Mez and charm are level biased checks. Charisma only a good stat if you plan on splitting pulls, and at high end IE HS East, reets juggs, a bunch of shit in Velious charisma servers no purpose because you will not in any form reliably land lulls.

Dex? It's slather over every piece of decent gear for a bard, helps in missed notes and that's it. It's nice to have, nothing to cry over if you replace a gear with dex on it.

Stamina? HP and resists are the most important stats for a bard. You have no useful gains from any other stat (other than maybe cha and dex). Raiding you are nothing more than utility. Manasong, resists, atk buffs for melee, DS songs for tanks, possibly FTE esp if in VP. In almost every scenario in the raid scene having the biggest HP pool you can gather, and as much resist gear you can find is the most useful route you can go.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:09 AM
Sarnak

/facepalm.

If I ever see a bard that went strength I'm going to cry inside. Do you really need carry weight that bad? Why not just spend some time and get some plat. Tink Bags OP.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

DEX then STA... Bards damage is awful, no amount of STR will save you.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:29 PM
Large Bat

On a very practical level, Strength is the way to go. You'll thank me later when you're wearing full plate.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsmurfed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/facepalm.

If I ever see a bard that went strength I'm going to cry inside. Do you really need carry weight that bad? Why not just spend some time and get some plat. Tink Bags OP.
Its all about how much you can carry and the weight of plate armor for low level bards. At end game, the gear your receive will adjust your stats accordingly, so it comes down to what makes your life easiest. Reducing the amount of trips to the bank and increasing carry > the minimal effect Dex, CHA, or STA would have.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by o07Smurf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a very practical level, Strength is the way to go. You'll thank me later when you're wearing full plate.
Most Bards seem to be Heffers. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] And their starting strength sucks. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So unless you want to wear cloth instead of the pretty blue plate, ADD Strength lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-29-2015, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

If you are grouping, your primary roll should be pulling/CC. In which case HP, resists, CHA matter most. HP+resists to get those pulls back to camp before you die, CHA to have better lulls/mezzes (although equipping the appropriate instrument will likely be more powerful than any stat increases you can achieve). Dex would be next for missed notes, with STR trailing that for encumbrance (lol @ STR for bard melee).

Grouping bards can't go wrong with fairly balanced stats (at least for STR/STA/DEX/CHA; you can virtually ignore AGI/WIS/INT). If there's anything to stack, its resists then HP. But again, a lot can be made up for with generous instrument swapping (how much carpal tunnel do you want?).
Closed Thread