Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 12:22 AM
Fire Giant

Default Worst thing you've done in EQ

I've only been reading these forums for a few months, so I can't say much, but what I can say is they're boring as shit right now. Aside from a couple name and shames, the entirety of R&F is BDA and their fan/hate club all circle jerking each other while refusing to make eye contact or enjoy it. No one cares anymore. Or hell maybe they do, I dunno, but god damn it's old as shit. I assume most of us read these forums while bored at work (if you don't have a job and are reading these forums please punch yourself in the face repeatedly with a hammer), so how bout some story time in an attempt to liven things up?

What's the worst thing you've ever done in EQ? Live or P99. We all know its "just a game", but this is the type of game that can really bring out the worst in people. Stealing items, stealing accounts, RMT, ninja looting, etc. Make an anonymous account if you must, but let's hear it!

I'll go first, and maybe this wasn't the "worst" thing I ever did, but it's one of my most memorable. The Story of how my bard got his epic -

This was right after the velious launch and I had a lvl 60 bard on the Prexus server. I had everything I needed for my bard except the elusive white dragon scale. Being above level 52, the only way to get that scale is from Gorenaire, and at the time I was in a guild that wasn't quite good enough to take her on. Plus, no one really seemed to kill her at the time and she'd wander DL for day's at a time. Getting a scale legit was pretty much out of the question. So what's a guy to do? Get creative!

I had access to an account no one played anymore that still had a few months on the sub. So I made an iksar monk and got him to lvl 5ish, then ran him all the way to DL. I made sure to give him the shortest name I could, and put all my points into sneak. I camped him on the wall and kept an eye on the zone until a few days later I got lucky and a guild called Domus Divinae decided to kill her. I parked my bard in zone and logged on to my monk. As soon as gore went down, while rezzes and whatnot were happening, I snuck in and sat down right in the biggest part of the corpse, so you couldn't see my nametag through the body and began spamming /loot. This was before there was a timer saying how long until open loot, so I just spammed it. Eventually I got into the corpse and there it was looking right back at me, a beauty of a white scale. Snagged it, re hid myself, and camped out.

After that, I logged back on my bard and sent some friendly tells to some of my friends in Domus. "hey man, how'd the gore kill go?" and everyone said the same thing "kill went alright, but the loot was shit. No book or scale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]". And I laughed and I laughed. not one person mentioned a ninja looter or anything, just a bad loot table.

To be safe I waited a week before transferring it over to my main. I ended up telling my guild something along the lines of I purchased it for 80k from some guy quitting the game. A few days after that I was running around with my brand new bard epic. And the rest was history.

Let's hear some more stories! I've got a few more juicy ones if this thread actually takes off.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

LOL, I swear I was there for that Gorenaire raid.

Good to see some fellow prexians still kicking around on p99.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 08-19-2016, 12:54 AM
Sarnak

Ripped a tstaff right out of the cold dead hands of a needy, generous, epicless monk dressed in rags.
twitch.tv/kayyte_p99
Old 08-19-2016, 01:12 AM
Kobold

On live I sold a tunnel rat on Terris thule by the name of Acoloss a fungi tunic, accept I put a cloth tunic in the trade window and he clicked trade. Two days later I saw him kiting in DL still wearing the cloth tunic while on my main. I felt kind of bad when he said it was his birthday :/
Old 08-19-2016, 01:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL, I swear I was there for that Gorenaire raid.

Good to see some fellow prexians still kicking around on p99.
Haha yeah, I was a bard named Siden. was in Souls of Mir for a while, then Stasis for a short period for the whole Poison Dart Frogs dealie, then spent a majority of my raid life in Unity.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:50 AM
Banned

Scammed hard and alot, was my main mission in the game for most of my time playing. Made a sport of making a lvl 1 on a server I never played and acquiring a CCoM, cof or fungi with smooth talk (this could usually be accomplished within a single session) then selling it and gearing a new class.

Worst was probably the 16yo boy I pretended to be a hot chick for, cybored hard for months, then looted his account and told I was a 30yo male. His characters were pretty broke too, made like 20k max. He said he was gonna kill himself.

Man am I glad I grew up into a righteous do-gooder. Those were some dark times.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:03 AM
Kobold

Man you people are animals lol
Old 08-19-2016, 03:56 AM
Kobold

nothing really on this server. maybe not calling an accidental train. on live i ninja'd that crappy orc halberd in highpass (had only been playing <1 month). think i KS'd someone once cause he had been there 24/7.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:03 PM
Fire Giant

I had a friend who had thoroughly ruined the reputation of his druid already and had pretty much quit playing it. I had started fairly recently and was just hitting the 40s on my monk and starting the RotLC quest. I tried for quite awhile to get the camp, but someone always seemed to be there. So, knowing the druid was already persona non grata, I bound him up at raster, hung around and buffed the guy camping it and got the timer of the PH. Then I went and farmed tower for a bit, routinely checking track when the spawn was due. When I saw raster up I gated and the guy at the camp still hadn't engaged, so I nuked the shit out of it and looted the idol for MQ later.

Feel like kind of a scum bag about it now, especially since I've legit camped raster at least 3 times since then and know how much that camp can suck, but I was like 13 which I feel kind of excuses the self centered and inmaturity of it.

I also used to get a kick out of framing people for training. Me and a buddy used to have a competition seeing how many people we could get blamed for trains by essentially setting up train ambushes, and then dropping mobs on the unsuspecting target without them realizing what we did (would feign into walls a lot to do this, also use a lot of z-axis aggro). Again, we were like 13 year old first world anarchists, and causing chaos in EQ was on the same humor level as crank calls and fart jokes. I remember one guy in Lguk who we got that wiped like 2 groups and basically got yelled at by the entire zone. Dude was 100% a victim of circumstance, but god damn did we get a kick out of the ensuing chaos.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

Not really one per se. Back around Velious going forward, I used to post ad's on playerauctions or find people wanting to trade accounts. I would chat them up on AIM for awhile and represent or show a magelo for a character I didn't own. It was amazing how easy it was to do the old "Ok, you give me your station name first, Ill give you mine. Give me your password then, Ill give you mine." I'd always give them an account with a level 1. In return, I'd always come out with some of the best accounts available. Most people were stupid especially considering I was 15 at the time. I would resell them or run around aimlessly not knowing what the fuck I was doing.
Closed Thread