Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 08:32 PM
Fire Giant

Default Raiding as an Enchanter

My enchanter is lvl 55 now and I'm having trouble finding my place in a raid. There's usually one or two lvl 60 enchanters in the raids who have better buffs than me, so I'm rarely buffing anyone. And they also have a better tash than me, so I'm not tashing. I find myself usually just sitting and watching. I try and make myself useful by casting stuff like cripple, weakness, theft of thought, and grasping embrace, but I always feel like just a warm body sitting around and mooching. Because of this I'm having a hard time even showing up to raids.

Is there something I'm missing? I'm enjoying being a chanter in groups and duoing and such, but raiding is bumming me out.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

If you want to raid as an enchanter, you should be able to cast Group C2 and VoG. Nothing else is necessary.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...a warm body sitting around and mooching.
I thought raid guilds wanted 90% of their members to do this, that way the core group who gets all the pixels can say they deserve it all since they do all the work.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always feel like just a warm body sitting around and mooching. Because of this I'm having a hard time even showing up to raids.
The question is, what benefits your fellow players? The most useful thing you can do is probably getting to level 60, even if that means not making every raid. However, it's also helpful for you to learn how raiding works and to learn how each raid encounter works (if you don't know it already). You can be your seniors' understudy.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The question is, what benefits your fellow players? The most useful thing you can do is probably getting to level 60, even if that means not making every raid. However, it's also helpful for you to learn how raiding works and to learn how each raid encounter works (if you don't know it already). You can be your seniors' understudy.
That's great advice. Honestly when you are working with less than your full scope of spells etc., you are going to be a bit gimped and not as useful to the raid.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:35 AM
Sarnak

Raid enchanter is really only buffing. Maybe CCing and charming depending on the raid.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Kobold

There will be times when they need an extra mezzer.... more levels is better, get yourself there as soon as you can if its on your conscience.

You'll need help finishing your epic right? If your raid attendance is good you're generally more likely to get help for Verina and Vessel <3
Old 12-08-2016, 11:13 AM
Large Bat

You're essentially just a warm body for the next few levels.

Take the time to learn the encounters, specific raid mechanics, etc. Socialize. Try to be quick on dispells when needed.

Soak up that DKP (or whatever you guys do) for now and get some levels in the mean time. I promise you'll be swamped with buff requests in no time.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:54 PM
Fire Giant

As a 60 main enchanter with a cleric alt , I can say that most of my raiding experience consists of getting tells on my enchanter to swap to my cleric.

On a more real note, like they said above, raiding as an enchanter is mostly buffing but you can spice it up with charming in certain zones and goal keeping in Tov. However while it may seem somewhat boring, it is a cool feeling to be a catalyst for the raid force. Hasted melees and C2'd clerics and casters all make real differences in downing mobs. A thankless job but important nonetheless.
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 12-08-2016, 11:37 PM
Fire Giant

yeah enchanter buffs are a force multiplier, but you don't really need more than one usually. but charming a dire wolf in kael can be exciting.

but you know, having an enchanter with raid gear to farm whatever solo is also pretty fun...on red where every camp isn't taken.
Closed Thread