Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 04:27 AM
Fire Giant

Default night vision on a mac

Hey all,

Im playing on a mac via wineskin (booooo i know). Been playing infravision/ultravision chars since starting, but decided to roll a human monk and holy shit it is dark. I've adjusted gamma in game but it doesn't do anything - i've read you have to be in full screen mode for it to work and on a mac that doesn't work.

Anyone else have this issue and/or is aware how to fix it? i suppose i could just roll an iksar but i really wanted the eye patch. Or any cheapish items that have infra/ultravision that a lowlie monk alt could afford?
Old 06-09-2017, 04:54 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks Swish.

I was able to find the gamma correction in wine and correct it, but it only corrects for 1 second or so before reverting back. looking at that thread it seems to be a common problem. Maybe i'll just roll an iksar and embrace the evilness.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:15 AM
Planar Protector

I say embrace the blind human! I miss how dark things were in original EQ. Just put a Greater Lightstone in inventory to help for now.

I don't know what is a cheap solution per se, but Crown of the Froglok kings appears to be a lightsource, think those are 2k or less these days and great AC for a monk.

If you have a high level main, you can farm Shellara Ebbhunter in Kedge for the Pearlescent Mask, believe it is a Monk only mask: 5ac, +5AGI, 0.1wt, +10 SV Magic and has Serpent Sight or Infravision (forgot which). Mask is no drop tho, and corpse will be 7mins, so pre park your monk there.

Mask is hella rare from what I can tell, I killed her maybe 8 times and mask only dropped once. She is also a rare spawn from the mermaids, if you have an enchanter can probably keep most of the mermaids down and get her to spawn semi regularly.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:16 AM
Aviak

Do you use f.lux? I find I have to exit (not disable, fully exit) f.lux to get gamma changes to take.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:13 AM
Sarnak

I play on a Mac as well through wineskin and the sight thing has actually kept me from making any characters that don't have innate infra/ultravision or the ability to cast it. In reality, we should be grateful that we get a more classic experience than the PC users! You could pick up a https://wiki.project1999.com/Glowing_Stone_Band for your monk. Pretty cheap, and that would fix your problem.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I say embrace the blind human! I miss how dark things were in original EQ.
This pleasantly surprised me on Agnarr. It was DARK.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:59 AM
Sarnak

I play via Wineskin on a (really old) Macbook Pro and have this same problem. I found some gamma setting somewhere but it made everything on my machine too bright (and made EQ look kinda bad) so I scrapped that idea and just learned to embrace the darkness. And by "embrace the darkness", I mean I leveled up a mage to summon coldstones (which grant ultravision) for my monk, and I got a Mask of Deception for my barbarian rogue. I also got them both the Glowing Stone Band mentioned previously, but as dark as it is on my machine, ultravision is much better than infravision.

If you'd like some help getting a Glowing Stone Band, just let me know (via PM preferably). I wish I had known about this a week ago, I was just back there camping something else and had to let 3-4 of the damn things rot. Or, in the meantime if you are around Freeport I am happy to log onto my mage and summon a coldstone for you. They are temporary but if you get a little creative you could make a newbie alt to corpse bank it on.
Last edited by Crookstinger; 06-09-2017 at 11:03 AM..
Old 06-09-2017, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

This is god telling you iksar master race.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

If you decide you want a Glowing Stone Band, let me know. I was in SolA tonight and picked one up you are welcome to.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:24 AM
Fire Giant

That'd be awesome. Quick question about the band. Do you have to continually wear it for the effect or can you equip it, cast it, and then put it back in a bag until it wears off?
Closed Thread