Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 04:05 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meh. Armor.

We get easy, and great, primary and secondaries early on. I think most armor is less linear. I play solo, so I charm quite exclusively. I skilled up jewelcrafting for +Cha items. I solo'd some Hollowed Bone Bracers around lvl 25 (while utilizing some pro-level charm shenanigans I've since realized, reanimated fucks you up without this one simple trick), solo'd Najena(mob) for Flowing Black Robe around lvl 30, and I quested a Mystic Cloak at 30 as well. I was way too early to quest that solo. Had to find backup for the kill when it spawned after 14 hours.. Najena camp was a challenge to break, but once broken it was very laid back and decent exp for 29+. I had to give it to Najena hard when she spawned because her nukes would melt the animation, and then me. Our nukes interrupt casting, and her melee hits are quite moot. It's the only camp I've used an animation for beyond like lvl 13. Lots and lots of robes that I'd /whisper casters in zone to come pick up. If they weren't lore I'd maybe had made a couple thousand pp. Didn't get the tome to drop, but damn that robe is common as hell.

The rest of my shit is mostly Damask, and I feel quite comfortable well in to the 40's now. Doubly comfortable now that Clarity was patched in. I'm keeping an eye out for a Siryrn Hair Hood and a couple other Cha armor slots. Legs and hands. Pieces I don't have interest in farming myself at this time, and would rather throw plat at.

This is my first enchanter play through and I feel that learning the ropes will improve you the greatest. If I was geared to the teeth from level one, I would have still sucked. If you charm, get that Cha gear. Any minuscule improvement to charm duration and lull successes is most welcome.
How much Charisma should you have by lvl 16 to solo charm? I'm also raising this character from scratch without any guild assistance or thinking for Teal.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwinter27 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much Charisma should you have by lvl 16 to solo charm? I'm also raising this character from scratch without any guild assistance or thinking for Teal.
I had zero Charisma gear and was charming by lvl 13. I soon got a few CHA from JC. Nobody was killing Oggok guards that early on, so there were no Crude Steins. I rolled all points in to Cha at creation. It was fine. Lots of deaths, but more so from figuring out camps to solo than bad charm breaks. Some were absolutely bad charm break deaths, however.

I think you can be better off using animation maybe in to the 20s. But I had some neat camps locked down with charm, that I don't know that I could have with animation. Also, no exp loss. Just break charm and finish off, or mem blur. Didn't have much luck with mem blur, so I rarely utilize it. More so just to root and reset a bad pull. That may be a novice move on my behalf. I just couldn't deal with pet taking 50% pretty often. I wanted 100%, 100% of the time.
Old 12-24-2019, 11:59 PM
Orc

Shit, meant to say twinking for autocorrect
Old 12-26-2019, 07:40 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is 5 prisoners in the basement of Highkeep your welcome
Doesn't killing those prisoners ruin your faction with Freeport and Qeynos merchants and guards etc?

I just got 8 on my Enchanter and am thinking of heading over there to get to 12 quickly, however, I plan to use Freeport to bank / sell in, and Qeynos for the bandit sash quests. I'm an Erudite / Agnostic. Think it's a bad idea for me to kill the prisoners for 4-5 levels? Or will I be able to fix those factions pretty easily?
Old 01-02-2020, 10:38 AM
Fire Giant

I stay steamfont until 12 then the Enchanters life or any casters life to be honest... is easy after that �� and i do it solo! Okay 12 till about 19 i kill those sisters in lfay by the mistmoore zoneline i make a few hundred PP as well here for the next spell sets (Enchanters bein able to split and charm makes this even easier!) .. then I'd probably head to Oasis and bum a group to get me to 20. 20-24 I go smash those black spiders in East Karana near HHP ramp , then 24 till 29 its straight to the ocean of tears dock to kill the 2 elf sisters (make few thousand PP while here for those five levels) 29-35ish I do guards (u pick which towns u like to kill ����) then FINALLY once level 35 I travel back to the Sandy dunes of Oasis and hunt spectres until I am level 50 with a mix up of duo'ing /trio'ing seafurry back in OoT ! Super Fun , makes me want to play EverQuest again!

This is always my go to when I start on a new server or a new caster lol. I been using my lil guide here for years! ��
Last edited by Christina.; 01-02-2020 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: You
Old 01-05-2020, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

I'm working on making Kedge my bitch at lvl 46. So far I've de-leveled to 45, but I'm going to press on. The rules are just different in Kedge. It hurts my head. Loving the challengenge so far. Still trying to find the reward, however. Mermaids have great gems, but I'm struggling with them. Their casting kind of buys you time, but is not so fun when their spells land. Sharks and parannahs hit like a truck. Something breaks and one torpedoes at you, you are in fucking trouble if your stun and mez dont go off fast. Entrance fish are quick easy, but anything beyond that first room is frightening.

Kedge is good fun if you don't cry over a few deaths, and potentially many more. I'm hoping I find that one, manageable, sweet spot. Maybe it would carry me to 50. My final stretch of my first ever solo experience.

Hill Giants in Rathe were good exp from 40-46. Certainly not the best exp, though the plat allowed me to skill to 250 Jewelcrafting. It is a bit of a shitshow racing everyone else to pops, but on busy days I try to lock down two spawns. It's not always so easy. I'm impressed with Rathe Mountains. I enjoyed it far more than I expected I would. I learned how to spawn Quin and Petrifin. Got my Siryrn Hair Hood and a couple Granite Bracers to sell. This zone gets my soggy envelope lick seal of approval.
Last edited by Meiva; 01-05-2020 at 01:31 PM..
Old 01-06-2020, 11:15 AM
Fire Giant

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm working on making Kedge my bitch at lvl 46. So far I've de-leveled to 45, but I'm going to press on. The rules are just different in Kedge. It hurts my head. Loving the challengenge so far. Still trying to find the reward, however. Mermaids have great gems, but I'm struggling with them. Their casting kind of buys you time, but is not so fun when their spells land. Sharks and parannahs hit like a truck. Something breaks and one torpedoes at you, you are in fucking trouble if your stun and mez dont go off fast. Entrance fish are quick easy, but anything beyond that first room is frightening.

Kedge is good fun if you don't cry over a few deaths, and potentially many more. I'm hoping I find that one, manageable, sweet spot. Maybe it would carry me to 50. My final stretch of my first ever solo experience.

Hill Giants in Rathe were good exp from 40-46. Certainly not the best exp, though the plat allowed me to skill to 250 Jewelcrafting. It is a bit of a shitshow racing everyone else to pops, but on busy days I try to lock down two spawns. It's not always so easy. I'm impressed with Rathe Mountains. I enjoyed it far more than I expected I would. I learned how to spawn Quin and Petrifin. Got my Siryrn Hair Hood and a couple Granite Bracers to sell. This zone gets my soggy envelope lick seal of approval.
Go kill spectres in Oasis till 50 it's super easy or go to the ocean of tears charm Guardian K'anorn , he's a paladin in his low 40s that guards the oracle..charm him n go an kill SeaFurry Cyclops! Can do both of these till 50 easily!
Old 01-06-2020, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go kill spectres in Oasis till 50 it's super easy or go to the ocean of tears charm Guardian K'anorn , he's a paladin in his low 40s that guards the oracle..charm him n go an kill SeaFurry Cyclops! Can do both of these till 50 easily!
Spectres always camped, but I have been doing Seafuries. I charm a Seafury and use to to beat another seafury. Then I toss a nuke at them both to send them to a farm up state. Doing that as I write this to make up some exp.

Kedge tore me a new one. I lost over a yellow from 45. I think that was eight deaths or so. I can handle golden haired camp and I can kill mermaids. I can easily camp the frenzied impaler, so I at least made a little profit. Anything other than the frenzied camp at zl was just so inconsistent. I'm trying to get my hands on a Spyglass before I try again. I feel that many deaths would have been prevented if I could have saved those GCD seconds. I'm figuring out an area of mermaids that is somewhat manageable. Honestly, I'm just going there too early. It's probably better as a lvl 49-50 gem camp than an exp camp.
Last edited by Meiva; 01-06-2020 at 03:18 PM..
Old 01-06-2020, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

I used to do the room before Undertow with my 50s mage for good exp. (had to use root nets to split the 2 sea horses which wouldn’t be a problem as enc). Like 5? Piranhas in the ceiling, can single pull np, nice safe spot to pull to and med in corner. Named mermaid in there. If really brave could solo Undertow. Not sure what it is now but the exp was good back on blue even mid50s.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Spectres always camped, but I have been doing Seafuries. I charm a Seafury and use to to beat another seafury. Then I toss a nuke at them both to send them to a farm up state. Doing that as I write this to make up some exp.

Kedge tore me a new one. I lost over a yellow from 45. I think that was eight deaths or so. I can handle golden haired camp and I can kill mermaids. I can easily camp the frenzied impaler, so I at least made a little profit. Anything other than the frenzied camp at zl was just so inconsistent. I'm trying to get my hands on a Spyglass before I try again. I feel that many deaths would have been prevented if I could have saved those GCD seconds. I'm figuring out an area of mermaids that is somewhat manageable. Honestly, I'm just going there too early. It's probably better as a lvl 49-50 gem camp than an exp camp.
Spectres in OoT and Ferrott are always camped too? You should try looking there. Also you can go to Freeport or oggok and do guards.
Closed Thread