Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 11:23 AM
Banned

Default How are there so many Reed belts on this server?

On Tunare these items were extraordinarily rare. I had high school friends who collectively spent 8 months straight camping Dagnor's Cauldron and never got the guy to spawn once. Meanwhile every Cleric I see has a Reed Belt and/or Pearl Kedge Totem.

Is the spawn rate different on P99, or did someone figure out a way to force the spawn?
Old 05-09-2020, 02:26 PM
Banned

If you swarm up every mob you can find in the zone and AE them all down over and over, it doesn't take long for him to show up on tracking. On blue I think I popped him 3 times in one day. No clue where the actual PH spawns, but there's not much more to it than that.

Btw I agree that he seems a little too common overall.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On Tunare these items were extraordinarily rare. I had high school friends who collectively spent 8 months straight camping Dagnor's Cauldron and never got the guy to spawn once. Meanwhile every Cleric I see has a Reed Belt and/or Pearl Kedge Totem.

Is the spawn rate different on P99, or did someone figure out a way to force the spawn?
I've mentioned it many times before, but the outdooor spawn rate on rares seems far too generous on P99. For instance, I camped quid in RM for well over a mnth before he popped. A friend of mine spent close to 2 months trying to get dwingus or whatever his name is in cauldron to spawn, too. But nothing changes on mere anecdote here.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Been debating buying one but way too expensive. Its a shame, its like.. the biggest upgrade I can do and i'm pretty much in full BiS non planar. I consider ethereal mist or similar unattainable so I dont count dat ;D

I noticed how clever the wiki page is for bilge. Seems great for a ranger bard combo ;D
Old 05-09-2020, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

one of the reasons the later expacs of eq were so popular was because people could randomly find more gear for the belt slot and the previous expansion gear items became cheaper and cheaper, one of the really popular items was that belt from crystal caverns because it got farmed for 3 years and flooded the baz when pop came around

unlike on live in 99 where if u had a fine steel belt u were considered a king
Old 05-09-2020, 03:46 PM
Large Rat

Artelius
Old 05-09-2020, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've mentioned it many times before, but the outdooor spawn rate on rares seems far too generous on P99. For instance, I camped quid in RM for well over a mnth before he popped. A friend of mine spent close to 2 months trying to get dwingus or whatever his name is in cauldron to spawn, too. But nothing changes on mere anecdote here.
Many people’s memories from back in the day are either flawed or people didn’t have complete information on how to spawn the mob. As another commenter noted, you also didn’t have people swarming every mob in the zone multiple times a day just to spawn the relevant npc.

In 1999 you didn’t have everyone knowing the exact method to spawn quillmane and sitting on the spawn of every PH for example.

The spawn rates aren’t higher than they were in classic from a percentage perspective. The problem is that everyone knows every little thing about how to spawn things that they spawn it frequently.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

Maybe this 50 druid has something to do with it? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ000136.jpg (88.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 05-09-2020, 04:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushida [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Artelius
Old 05-09-2020, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell that to the guy who, with a friend's help, camped Grimrot 24 hours a day for 15 days to finally get the dead version to spawn.