Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 06:19 PM
Banned

the fantastic 4 kill phs until he spawns then bilge wins and stays up so its basically camped 24/7
Old 05-09-2020, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the fantastic 4 kill phs until he spawns then bilge wins and stays up so its basically camped 24/7
People say this a lot but it's really not the best way to get him. The rate at which the fab 4 kill mobs who path by is so much slower than the rate at which you can just lawnmow the zone with an AE character

Sidebar: I have a very fuzzy early memory of pre-kunark classic where I stumbled into dagnor's trying to find unrest, and made it like half way there and got killed by Bilge. Like most things back then, I had absolutely no idea what happened and just shrugged it off
Old 05-09-2020, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many people’s memories from back in the day are either flawed or people didn’t have complete information on how to spawn the mob. As another commenter noted, you also didn’t have people swarming every mob in the zone multiple times a day just to spawn the relevant npc.

In 1999 you didn’t have everyone knowing the exact method to spawn quillmane and sitting on the spawn of every PH for example.

The spawn rates aren’t higher than they were in classic from a percentage perspective. The problem is that everyone knows every little thing about how to spawn things that they spawn it frequently.
This is true, but also remember than in classic people killed *everything* because there was no mind for min maxing and efficiency (or at least much less). I remember people forming groups for the little aqua goblin camps around dagnors, so even though people were drastically lacking in knowledge, the mobs in the zone *were* being killed over and over, regularly, and bilge sightings were famously rare. So I think there's a good case that the spawn rate is just simply too high here.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell that to the guy who, with a friend's help, camped Grimrot 24 hours a day for 15 days to finally get the dead version to spawn.
But they got specific spawn information for this.If anything this supports my point, as I believe they don't have specific rats for most things.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many people’s memories from back in the day are either flawed or people didn’t have complete information on how to spawn the mob. As another commenter noted, you also didn’t have people swarming every mob in the zone multiple times a day just to spawn the relevant npc.

In 1999 you didn’t have everyone knowing the exact method to spawn quillmane and sitting on the spawn of every PH for example.

The spawn rates aren’t higher than they were in classic from a percentage perspective. The problem is that everyone knows every little thing about how to spawn things that they spawn it frequently.
People rarely forget specific events like "i camped X for a month before i got the drop"

Additionally, I'm not sure I agree with the claim that there are more Phs being killed.Back in 1999 the outdoor, non-dungeon zones probably had 3 to 4 times as many players than they do relative to green.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People rarely forget specific events like "i camped X for a month before i got the drop"

Additionally, I'm not sure I agree with the claim that there are more Phs being killed.Back in 1999 the outdoor, non-dungeon zones probably had 3 to 4 times as many players than they do relative to green.
In what world? To use an example, SK is packed constantly. If anything it’s more crowded on Green than it was pre-Kunark.

And in SK everyone is immediately killing the Quillmane PHs the second they spawn. Maybe you haven’t been there in awhile?
Old 05-09-2020, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

There's a dial a port druid that has figured out the bilge spawn , at least more figured out than any other person I've seen. He kills a specific 4-8 pathers on the middle island. I've personally seen him kill it twice in one night time phase. And he's there all the time.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:22 PM
Banned

your comparing apples to oranges, this isnt a real server and has different spawn rates

as an example frenzy was pretty common on live and alot more rare here, belt is stupid rare and on live it was alot more common as well.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your comparing apples to oranges, this isnt a real server and has different spawn rates

as an example frenzy was pretty common on live and alot more rare here, belt is stupid rare and on live it was alot more common as well.
As usual your comments are just incorrect
Old 05-09-2020, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
In what world? To use an example, SK is packed constantly. If anything it’s more crowded on Green than it was pre-Kunark.

And in SK everyone is immediately killing the Quillmane PHs the second they spawn. Maybe you haven’t been there in awhile?
I'm not sure where all this incredulity comes from, though most likely from ignorance. KFC alone in SK would usually have 25-35 people at it.
Closed Thread