Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played EverQuest for years. I can't tell you how many times I was camping Sarnak Fort, or Captain Room in KC only to have another group simply plop down in front of mine and start taking our pulls, in some cases bluntly stating that if we don't have the DPS to keep up with them, then that's not their problem. I can't tell you how many times I had been camping something for hours, only to have a higher level player show up, refuse to communicate with me, and proceed to steal the mob I was camping as soon as it popped.
Well yes of course it happened, but that doesn't mean it was within the scope of the rules. Captain Room would definitely have been something we enforced if it was caught in real time. The Sarnak Fort situation would have been enforced if they were taking your pulls after you had engaged them. But again, we'd have to see that in real time, which is admittedly difficult since we have to get to the petition, get to the scene, and observe which doesn't always happen before the situation is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I myself was a Guide for years on the Prexus server. I very seldom would even waste my time responding to someone who filled out a petition complaining about someone stealing pulls or kills, and there are thousands of threads that still exist from 20 years ago that confirm this.
I'm surprised you were a Guide for "years" if you were ignoring petitions. We carefully monitored Guide activity and if the system saw you pull a petition and just put it back in the queue or claiming it as resolved without doing anything you would've been quickly spoken with about that. Also, how were you a Guide for years in a row if you were also in like the special forces for years? The Guide program as actual CSR support didn't last that long in the early 2000s; so if you were in the Middle East at that time I would've been surprised if you could meet the weekly hours requirement to stay a Guide for multiple years in a row. And if you weren't in the service until later then how old were you when the Guide program was going on? Are you saying you were 18+ as of 1999 (age requirement to be a Guide) and then joined the military in like your early 30s and that's why you were in the Middle East later rather than in the early 2000s? The timeline just doesn't seem to add up.

Quote:
I think the only time I ever took action against another player for stealing pulls was in OverThere. I can actually remember that someone had been stealing my pulls at the same time on Tunare, so when I saw someone else doing it on Prexus, I was seeking retribution and I got it. Otherwise I wouldn't have even bothered going there to see what was happening.
So basically what we have learned from this and your other comment above, you were a shitty Guide (if you were one). You ignored petitions for kill stealing and things like that instead of doing the job you volunteered to do and enforcing the rules. At any rate, you being a shitty Guide and not doing your job doesn't mean that there were no rules. It just means that for some reason you weren't willing to help enforce the rules and help players who had been victimized. Sounds like you just wanted to try and do the bare minimum to get a free monthly subscription. But again, I'd be surprised if all of that is true because we carefully monitored Guides and kicked many out of the program for not enforcing the rules and following the CSR guidebook.

Quote:
Lastly, I can remember getting my T-staff literally ninja'd not only after the group leader originally said the group was NBG, but even after I won the random when he recanted. The GMs simply told me that even though he said NBG and I won the /random, that there wasn't enough evidence for them to do anything about it and that I needed to be more careful about who I choose to group with in the future.

Verant and SOE were very hands off, and still are - even to this day.
Had you logged the conversation you had with him via using the in game function at that time to do so? If not, then yes there would be little CSR could do to help you on a claim that the guy had agreed to NBG previously.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? You have personal experience with the "majority of players" on green such that you can make such a definitive statement? I think it's more likely you've had a handful of negative experiences and they stick out in your mind more because that's basic psychology. You don't remember all the times people are just normal and not insane.
I would edit his statement to say that it's not the majority of players, but it's a select group of players who usually are part of the number 1 or 2 guild on the server. Often, they dick you out of valuable camps that are either directly or indirectly beneficial to the guild. The guild does not kick them because of said benefit. And then they get to do all the raiding, find groups with guildies, etc. because they are in the top 1 or 2 guilds on the server...so their reputation as a jerk doesn't really hinder them that much.
Old 07-29-2020, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? You have personal experience with the "majority of players" on green such that you can make such a definitive statement? I think it's more likely you've had a handful of negative experiences and they stick out in your mind more because that's basic psychology. You don't remember all the times people are just normal and not insane.
The majority of players on this server have no shame when it comes to either experience or loot

The majority of GM resources are spent reading over affidavits written by Johnney Cockring regarding FTE disputes
Old 07-29-2020, 06:10 PM
Aviak

A big one-two punch by cd288 straight to RecondoJoe's glass jaw! And down goes RecondoJoe! Joe has hit the canvas ladies and gentlemen! It's over! It's all over! cd288 wins!!
Old 07-29-2020, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

I wish you 2 guys arguing and your 2 supporters were actually only 2 people arguing with 4 accounts that would make me lol.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish you 2 guys arguing and your 2 supporters were actually only 2 people arguing with 4 accounts that would make me lol.
Plot twist, I am RecondoJoe
Old 07-29-2020, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I've only been playing P99 for about 2-3 months
Old 07-29-2020, 07:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I never said it was. You know it's been 20 years and I'm still angry at some of the people who fucked me over on this game.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

I like the passion some people bring to this Flame forum, Its also a good way to let some of the frustration out.
I think that Trashtalking and flaming is kind of part of the game. Not everyone enjoys it, but you arnt forced to join this lovely shithole.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

it`s classic,
the problem is u expect people behave like they did 20 years ago.Modern gamers are greedy scumfuckers wich will cut ur dick and stuffle it in your cherry bottom if they can just for the lul and the rush to hummilate any other human bein.
Closed Thread