Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 11:34 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default My Last Xp

I have been a fan of Everquest since 2000, played on live and have played on p99 off and on for about 8 years. I enjoy the game because nothing is given to you and you must forge your way through the trials and try to come out on top, and if not on top at least with come fine steel to sell. The journey is the reward. The gear and the loot allow you to progress but for the most part that epic train or boss you downed is remembered for the reaction of the group and not what bp you had on.

I mention all of this because the other day i was toiling away in Paw trying scrape together some xp and maybe a scroll while waiting to see if i got lucky with a group showing up. A GM messages me and tells me my name (Americafirst) is a violation of the naming rules because its a location, which im not even sure is a violation, and that i needed to immediately select a new one. After a couple of messages trying to figure out if this was all necessary the GM changed my name, this deleted all my hotkeys and lagged me so hard i almost died.

Now maybe you hate the name and maybe you love it, I can tell you I got only positive feedback about it. At one point i had someone see me on someone else’s live stream and decided to log on and chat with me. Now, because this GM has a personal issue with my name, I have to live with some Bot name with no life in it and every experience i had with people is essentially wiped away. Its not about the friends list or the frequently spoken with people, its the people 10 levels later that remember you from Mistmoore or the guy who had to sow you 5 times in a row because you suck at CR's.

Changing a persons name is stripping them quite literally of their identity and steals the time invested. All of that is lost. Right now i have a petition in for review, it's 5 days in and i doubt they will even look at it for more than ten minutes before siding with their fellow employee that removed it (which the employee bragged would happen) Below is a list of the GM's that run this site and have an active name violation according to their own rules.

Call it an overreaction but all I see is hypocrisy. I have actually taken a few life lessons from this game over the last 20 years, this will be the last point of XP i earn in this game, assuming this decision is not reversed. No matter where you go in life, whether that is a digital marketplace, hangout, IRL job, or a mini golf course there will always be someone trying to exert power over you, no matter how small that power may be in the grand scheme of life, and if you allow it to go unchecked, thats exactly where it will stay. It's a lack of respect for you and the rules they don't want follow. We all know 90% of the names on the server are in violation, but who cares? We are in a peaceful world that barely anyone on Earth knows about.

Flame this post if you will, won’t matter, you are all (technically and at their discretion) one tell away from having someone strip your time away from you.

Be good to each other, and I wish you all safe (sowed) travels,
Americafirst

Not even the whole list of GM names in violation:

Menden ( the person who is to make the decision) – A town in Germany, the same violation they are accusing me of.
Rogean - Rogean Technologies
Medris (the person who flagged it) - Medris Heathcare Solutions, trademarked company in NC, USA
Aussie – an entire country of people
Sunderfury - literal item in EQ
Old 10-01-2020, 11:36 AM
Banned

Sorry you got caught for breaking the rules
Old 10-01-2020, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah there is absolutely no way you can have Americafirst as a name I mean just a brief look at the naming policy will show it. You thought you could have it because it passed the name filter, then you got used to it, and then you thought you could get away with it. Now you're all outraged because in your mind you were grandfathered in or the statue of limitations has expired and besides look at all those other people!

As far as having your name changed by the GM, all you have to do is this:

"Hi so yeah can you give me like 10 minutes to think of a new name? Please? I'll send you a tell shortly and sorry about breaking the rules".

This will absolutely guarantee you enough time to come up with Snarglebark which is what you should have thought of in the first place.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:48 AM
Banned

thanks obama
Old 10-01-2020, 11:48 AM
Banned

I bet it wouldn't have been changed if it was Multiculturalismisgoodforeveryone
Old 10-01-2020, 12:27 PM
Banned

womp womp
Old 10-01-2020, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bet it wouldn't have been changed if it was Multiculturalismisgoodforeveryone
Tell us more about your white supremacist ideology. Maybe how you feel about Jews or gay marriage?
Old 10-01-2020, 12:30 PM
Aviak

when the deep state starts infecting your favorite elf simulator forum
Old 10-01-2020, 12:40 PM
Fire Giant

Hanshotfirst
Old 10-01-2020, 12:52 PM
Banned

While I can see the hypocrisy it's a free player run server and they can do whatever they want really.. they could ban you just because they thought your character looked at them funny. It sucks but that's the double edged sword that is p99.
Maybe roll a monk named "Mericafist"
Closed Thread