Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 12:09 PM
Large Rat

Default Making plat advice?

Hi all,

I'm new to P99 (played EQ back in 2000-2002 or so, best summer of my life was when I found EQ lol) and looking for some advice on how to make money as a new player. I lucked out and sold a few bone chip stacks to another player in Nektulos recently, but I know that spells are only going to get more expensive so I just want to make sure that I'm not missing anything "easy" that a new player should be thinking about/doing while leveling up.

I've tried looking for guides, but having a hard time finding anything that isn't 4 years old and not sure if it's only applicable to blue server.

Thank you!
Old 10-12-2020, 12:27 PM
Aviak

Willowisps in qeynos hills made me a bit while around 11-15.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Assuming you are a DE since you are killing in Nektulos...

HQ bear skins will net you ~15p per, so keep on the look out for those. If you're still killing spiders, you can hold on to the venom sacks (they vendor for .5p) and if you grab a tailoring kit you can combine silks for swatches and thread which you can either sell to players or vendor (since they stack). Once you hit lvl ~10 you can start killing wisps in the commons. The regular Lightstones will sell for 3p each and the greater ones will sell for 15p. Or you can use them yourself in SRo for XP and decent plat on the item the quest gives you.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Travel to everfrost... and there you will find giant hunters, huntin giants. Offers to exchange their gold and silver and copper to platinums. Offer to sell their fine steel weapons and exchange them for moneys (and say it cost them a 10% cut).

Is a great ways to make early moneys. And if you come offerins to exchange their silver and copper and gold to platinum, and you gotta run to the bank to do it... they will probably gift you some treasure even!
Old 10-12-2020, 01:04 PM
Aviak

Actually I forgot about bear skins. Those are great and there’s tons of bears in nektulos. Also they’re basically instantly transformed into 10 slot bags by tailors so it’s fairly easy to sell them for 15pp each.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:24 PM
Large Bat

Invest all your time and resources into leveling up, as 35+ opens up a lot of opportunities for plat. You can earn much more plat per hour the higher level you are, so just grind up a bit. Deathfist belts in EC sell for 5p each pretty easily, or HQ bear pelts if you really want some early cash.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:26 PM
Large Rat

Thanks guys, this is all super helpful. Kicking myself for selling a few HQ skins to vendors now lol. Much appreciated, all!
Old 10-12-2020, 01:38 PM
Large Rat

Send Bagul or Gregther a tell. I'll buy them.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by campania [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks guys, this is all super helpful. Kicking myself for selling a few HQ skins to vendors now lol. Much appreciated, all!
Just remember it's the bear skins in particular. HQ wolf and cat pelts also sell, but not for as much, nor as fast.

Deathfist Belts are a good one I forgot and there are the two camps in EC and one in WC. Once you are in your upper teens/lower 20s, you can hit Najena and sell the focus items for a bit of plat. They don't sell for nearly what they sold in the past, but it's still ~50 or 75p each from what I'm seeing. If you can get some weightless bags, SolA is also good since those bricks of ore sell for 5-15p to a vendor.

As mentioned by Legend, actual cash camps won't start opening up until the later levels.
Old 10-12-2020, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

For those HQ pelts that aren't from bears, stock them up and sell in bulk. You should make money pretty well that way.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread