Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 06-15-2022, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

The community is ripe for a p99 pvp server. It solves so many problems with camp disputes and weirdo rmt activity and makes like 50 percent more items in the game valuable.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 06-16-2022, 10:32 AM
Banned

At this point id like to add that i would probably not go against a teams server. I still think it will likely result in a server with less longevity, but it would sure be fun to try to see where it leads.

At the very least though, i think a teams server would have to think about some kind of balance mechanic to keep the pops sort of equal in numbers. People quitting noticeably on one side, should lead to some advantage to this team. Or we can just have a plain teams server, play it for a year and enjoy it while it lasts.

Also, no no-level pvp limit, that would just be silly, i could never play an alt and would not even play on such a server, wont play on an xp loss server either.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 06-16-2022 at 10:37 AM..
Old 06-16-2022, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

No level limit is part of the no GM enforced anti training. If training is allowed than every trainable dungeon needs to be FFA.

Maybe literally every dungeon besides like befallen should be FFA

With teams that’s OK, if your teams high levels are in dungeon, than you can go level there without worry.

4 level pvp limit flat at all levels in the non FFA zones
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 06-16-2022, 10:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No level limit is part of the no GM enforced anti training. If training is allowed than every trainable dungeon needs to be FFA.

Maybe literally every dungeon besides like befallen should be FFA

With teams that’s OK, if your teams high levels are in dungeon, than you can go level there without worry.

4 level pvp limit flat at all levels in the non FFA zones
See im not that good of an EQ player, im the definition of casual. I will openly admit that and the toxic elitist nerds who are adults while doing it raging about people adding inputs because say they dont know how many placeholders you need kill before an end game velious rare pops are just funny to me. I have a grip on some things, which is why i created this thread to add my 2 cents but it is there so we can brainstorm it.

I just dont see training leading to good things though. The good toxic players will take this to its utmost limit. Im more against PVE enforced mechanics like preventing a guerilla force from fucking with a raid force engaging a target they couldnt take. At least its an effort that takes some time to pull off, will have to drag their corpses if they fail. Not a naked necro lolpulling 20 mobs.
Old 06-17-2022, 02:54 AM
Planar Protector

The issue is just removing play nice policy from the list of things the GM has to do. On PVP it seems like the PNP has caused massive staff burnout. So the idea is to abandon it.

Dungeons being FFA is in order to allow people to stop trainers. If training is legal and there is a fixed level range, having a low level training class like a level 1 cleric with divine aura means you can train with impertinence, so it is definitely a broken tactic.

It's always a bad corrupt tactic but involving GM's to solve it is too much. It happens on accident in real PVP, and turning real dungeon PVP into a petitionfest because something technically got "trained" is a nightmare.

I don't like intentional training either. But making the game more "no holds barred" will mean the staff can just ban cheaters and RMT guys which are gunna be the people most toxically training anyways.

Again a custom 2 teams server will go a long way to mitigate the negative impacts of training for people trying to level up. You aren't gunna be grinding in a contested zone so you will be not too subject to trains.

CUSTOM WARNING:

There might need to be a way to banish people's bindpoint like if they die at a bind point 20 times in a row they revert to original bind point in front of their starting city. Point of this is so you can bind camp a PK who otherwise wants to port in to your teams zone and train you guys on a regular basis just to be a dick without really trying to pvp, just to waste peoples time. So you bind camp him till his bind point is gone and he goes away for a longer period of time.

It's called bind deletion. It also protects bindcamped players from.....being bindcamped.

The need for this customization results from having no play nice policy.

I strongly believe the best server is just original rallos zek, but the people saying staff can't keep up with a regulated play nice EQ PVP server are probably right and I think some creative solutions need to be considered and tried.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 06-17-2022 at 02:59 AM..
Old 06-28-2022, 05:19 AM
Planar Protector

like i said in my pervious post:

-3 teams sullon zek style (3 teams based upon deity choice). but in order to be balanced, team stats and resists based upon population. so the less your team's pop, the more stat bonuses you get. in real time. if at 10pm evils are the most pop, they get 0 extra stats. while goods and neuts get a proportionate boost based on their numbers. if Goods have the least numbers, they get the most stat bonus, because they are only 20% or whatever. this incentivizes people to create characters on the underdog team, according to their playtime. then if a zerg of Goods logs in at 11pm or whatever, Goods don't get a bonus anymore because they are more populous. this gives a chance for the underdogs to contest, and no "dead server because the other guild/team already won". Balance the stats according to population.

-to ensure ppl arent making chars on the opposite team, a limit of 3 chars per account, ip address, mac address, phone number, rogean-spyware, and whatever else. force ppl to log in on their actual team. so less lvl 1 clerics training/spying/gaming the system to lower opposing team's stats by sitting afk. (maybe even 2 factor authentication to log in? this might be going too far for the average enjoyer)

-xp caps: some people have all day to play, but some to not. XP caps will incentivize ppl to pvp (what else do they have to do?) while also adding to the longevity of the server, by creating an environment where people aren't as focused on leveling faster than everyone else, and maybe spent their time PVPing or leveling up their (capped at 3) characters evenly. slowing progression allows for more interpersonal interaction and helping the other ppl on your team (more casual players) by grouping up and getting them some exp. while limiting the grief factor on opposing teams, because you have your own team to help. it will also push people to spread out across zones, both in search of pvp, as well as avoiding it (for those who need to catch up in exp). team areas of control will be grayer/under more contestation

-no item loot. we want to attract blues and pixel farmers. i played on live with item loot. it had its highs and lows, but people want to feel secure. *maybe* item loot on one or two item slots, like rings or earrings. if someone wants to wear their +10 all resist jewels, then that's their risk? no-drop items obviously cannot be looted

-training is legal, unless you - egregiously, obviously - train in a raid zone. we want to lessen the burden on GMs. and hopefully the above mentioned restrictions (on alt-team accounts) limits training.

-no xp loss on pvp death. (but yes coin loot. that's a given, and will making trading with opposing team riskier/trading actual items and not plat more common). make pvp more enticing, not less. dying/losing an area of control is enough of a loss. losers already take enough of a beating.

that's all i got for now. it's past 3am time to hopefully get to bed
Old 06-29-2022, 12:03 AM
Sarnak

the ideal pvp server is one that isn't hosted by the p99 staff
Old 06-29-2022, 12:34 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall 146.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the ideal pvp server is one that isn't hosted by the p99 staff
ok but what if Rogean and I worked together on Red 2.0

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 06-29-2022, 08:45 PM
Sarnak

I don't trust rogean not to do dumb shit
Old 06-29-2022, 09:17 PM
Banned

The gazette will only start printing new issues if Rogean gets off his fat ass and becomes a man

and by that I mean open a new red server you niglet

get this shit done rog