Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 06-03-2022, 11:54 PM
Fire Giant

I remember talking to a guy at a party. I think it was during the time that EQ died. I was probably angrily telling him about it, and he said, "I liked classic better, so imagine how much I think the game has died."

I don't know if that guy was talking just to talk, or if he meant it. I like Kunark, currently, but it would be nice to make a server for anyone like that guy.

An expansion would eventually be needed, though.

That makes it sound like I hate classic. Of course, I don't. A classic only server would be cool.
Last edited by A Knight; 06-04-2022 at 12:01 AM..
Old 06-04-2022, 02:04 AM
Fire Giant

I would like classic only on Pvp more than Pve.
Old 06-04-2022, 03:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by htabdoolb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love the parts of the game that are boring as fuck.
I'm glad most people don't share your opinion.
Old 06-04-2022, 05:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad most people don't share your opinion.

Why? It's not like it's any skin off of your nose if I don't like the expansions very much. It's not like a classic only server is likely to ever happen anyway. The p99 devs have been pretty clear that it's going to be red, blue, and green cycling and merging into blue from the very beginning.. and that's probably it. And Luclin is right out.. not that that losing that particular expansion is any great loss. Everything I said about Kunark goes triple for Luclin, hehe. Such a hideous collection of zones, art styles, stiff animations, and ridiculously overinflated items.. super yuck.
Old 06-04-2022, 08:16 PM
Sarnak

pure classic is fun, especially when its a red classic server.
Mitic - Green - Dial a Port (yes, porting is more fun than raid-rotations) - 2020
Old 06-07-2022, 12:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like classic only on Pvp more than Pve.
As someone who strongly dislikes Red I would ABSOLUTELY be there day one for a Classic PVP server. Even Kunark.

Speaking from my experience playing on Tallon Zek from Classic to POP, it was Velious onward that completely destroyed EQ PVP. Skill no longer mattered. If a Warrior with full NTOV gear jumped your Kunark-geared ass you were dead. And well-geared Monks and Rogues could literally one-round undergeared Casters.

Man playin a Cleric was fun back then. You were ALWAYS the #1 target but a skilled Cleric was VERY hard to take down.
Last edited by Vizax_Xaziv; 06-07-2022 at 12:36 PM..
Old 06-07-2022, 12:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone who strongly dislikes Red I would ABSOLUTELY be there day one for a Classic PVP server. Even Kunark.

Speaking from my experience playing on Tallon Zek from Classic to POP, it was Velious onward that completely destroyed EQ PVP. Skill no longer mattered. If a Warrior with full NTOV gear jumped your Kunark-geared ass you were dead. And well-geared Monks and Rogues could literally one-round undergeared Casters.

Man playin a Cleric was fun back then. You were ALWAYS the #1 target but a skilled Cleric was VERY hard to take down.
Vztz PvP box launchs in January, time locked to 2 months of classic 3 of kunark. Is 2.0 of one that was just done but died at velious,as all PvP boxes should.
Gonna be lit
Old 06-18-2022, 11:20 AM
Sarnak

Just make a server where Luclin is released with no Bazaar and POP's raid zones are placed throughout the world with no Knowledge or Tranquility.

That would also free up the many very awesome Velious raid zones for less hardcore players. And would probably bring in a large amount of people from TLPs for a much more healthy pop.

Maybe one day.
Old 06-18-2022, 01:39 PM
Kobold

I like the idea of perma-death, one toon limit classic (pre-Kunark). I would add Paineel and The Hole to the server though. Not sure on Warrens, I like the zone but it is sort of an early version of Paludal Caverns.

I enjoy the early levels of tailoring up your first patchwork or raw silk armor set. Making your first tarnished weapon. Earning enough plat for first non-tarnished weapon and shield. Targeting low level quests and mobs for upgrades and some stats. Trade skills that actually mean something on the journey, not only valuable once skill level is maxed out.

Possibly even make all mob dropped higher end magic items no drop.

Make food timers dependent on food quality. My toons are bored with milk and muffins.

Edit - Also, add "Play as Monster" option that they tried back in the day, if you want a change from your normal toon.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Last edited by Garnaak; 06-18-2022 at 02:03 PM..
Old 06-18-2022, 02:20 PM
Kobold

Edit 2 - Thinking about it, you could add expansions to the original game in the same server. You could have a mechanic where the boats to Kunark and Velious get in a shipwreck after dropping you off on the new shore. "Mystical forces" prevent you from casting port spells back to classic zones. Make the trip to new expansions one way. You could add Luclin into game, but once you are on the moon, no going back to Norath. People can play at what ever level expansion they want with no mudflation in your expansion from future ones.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk