Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-05-2022, 09:27 PM
Sarnak

Don't be so dramatic. You aren't fighting with "banded and fine steel" all the way to 50... and if you are, then you are leveling too damn fast. Go do some quests, go farm a camp for a couple better pieces of gear. Stop and enjoy the journey instead of burning through to end game in nothing but cloth. Or don't.

But yes, this is what I'm looking for. Hardcore, elitist, painful. I want to go back to the days where people actually knew how to play their class... because every skill was needed, every spell was considered and sometimes used. Dungeons were actually tough, "MAGIC" gear actually meant something and in PVP people had to decide whether or not to wear stat gear or resist gear, because it was one or the other.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 04-05-2022, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't be so dramatic. You aren't fighting with "banded and fine steel" all the way to 50... and if you are, then you are leveling too damn fast. Go do some quests, go farm a camp for a couple better pieces of gear. Stop and enjoy the journey instead of burning through to end game in nothing but cloth. Or don't.

But yes, this is what I'm looking for. Hardcore, elitist, painful. I want to go back to the days where people actually knew how to play their class... because every skill was needed, every spell was considered and sometimes used. Dungeons were actually tough, "MAGIC" gear actually meant something and in PVP people had to decide whether or not to wear stat gear or resist gear, because it was one or the other.
...alright, I'm game for that.

Question is, will Rogean entertain the idea of a Classic only server? What if we all started a petition?
Old 04-05-2022, 11:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry I missed all your edits. You originally posted and apparently still think that people want Luclin by a wide margin. I was right, you were wrong, it was a mixed bag of results not a wide margin as you continue to believe. Post a new poll to get new results, maybe you'll be right on the new poll. I've been with p99 from the start and my experience here tells me that the majority did not like Luclin back in the day, I don't see that changing. However, with that being said, it's possible we get custom content which has been supported.
Sorry, I was wrong about the wide margin part. I am not wrong that every single poll you and I linked shows people liking and wanting post velious content. I have been playing p99 since 2011 and the LOUD voices opposed to post classic content have always been the same people and they are always in the minority.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...alright, I'm game for that.

Question is, will Rogean entertain the idea of a Classic only server? What if we all started a petition?
What level is your begging skill?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level is your begging skill?
Your skill in Begging has increased. It is now DSP.
Old 04-07-2022, 11:24 AM
Fire Giant

A vanilla server would be awesome to me. It is my favorite era of EQ and it is correct that it has a certain special feel to it. Having zones like Blackburrow, Runnyeye, Paw, Cazic Thule, Crushbone, etc all being populated is awesome. Seeing someone in full purple cleric gear or gold russet or rubi is amazing.
Old 04-07-2022, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Just make "legacy" items super rare drops at various places so you just get em eventually and by luck and /random 100 for them

Rather than stand in a poop sock line building up your EQ 401k (manastone, guise, lustrous russet)
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-07-2022, 03:09 PM
Aviak

I would definitely play on a classic only server. All my favorite memories and zones are in classic, so +1 for the idea.
Old 04-08-2022, 12:27 PM
Kobold

Pretty sure the agreement with Daybreak prohibits any expansion beyond Velious.

As for a pure classic server, I'd be down to dabble on that. I've invested so much time into Blue in my time here that I couldn't see it being my main server, but if I could still have Blue up while I run a classic server like on Green, I'd definitely flit around on there
Last edited by Valdain; 04-08-2022 at 12:32 PM..
Old 04-08-2022, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

So the only class that has any sort of Epic in Classic is the Paladin, with the Fiery Avenger?

(and yes, I know that's more of a pre-Epic, or a 0.5 Epic)

That's the main reason why I love Kunark so much and would prefer Kunark only over Classic only, the Epics.