Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Default Communicating Through a Shared Account

I realized after I posted that the screenshot was kind of dumb, but for some reason you can't delete posts in this forum (so this edit is the best I can do)?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-20-2019 at 05:41 PM..
Old 03-20-2019, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

omg I feel like Ive been fooled by clicking this thread

darn you!
Old 03-20-2019, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Ok, here's the post (let no one ever say that Loramin was a tease) ... but I still think this would have been better deleted (and it seems really strange that we can't delete posts in screenshots [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

This one is kind of dumb, but it made me smile when I saw it so I figured I'd share.

The backstory is that a friend of a friend of mine had a cleric, and stopped playing. He shared the account with several people, including my friend, and those people shared it with others (eg. me). So now there's this sort of communal rezbot cleric where lots of people who don't know each other all have access.

Apparently one person who used the account kept using up all the peridots, and another person kept refreshing them and getting annoyed that the dots kept disappearing. But again, none of the people with access know each other, which means they couldn't just call the other person up to yell at them. So instead I saw this when I went to use said cleric today ...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Again, it's kind of dumb, but hopefully amusing at the same time.

P.S. In case one of the people involved sees this, I never used any peridots [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:45 AM
Sarnak

LOL

I know a bot account where they named them

Plzdont
Sacmytoon

pretty funny

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 03-21-2019, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

ahhhh now I can move on from thread satisfied

Ive seen this schenanagins before tho, its classic as fuq
Old 03-21-2019, 10:13 AM
Fire Giant

I've been in a slightly related situation with my cleric account back when I actually used to share some of my accounts.

Short backstory, My cleric account contains my cleric and one EC alt for buying dots off the gem merch and droptrading it or whatever back to the cleric.

One day I login to this-

Not real concerning (and I missed the obvious), and of course the next time we're in voice comms I ask the burning question.

"What's a pussy troll?"

The (spoken) response I get:

Me:

15 year old throwback in a 20 year old elfsim, only on p99!

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

isn't account sharing against the rules?
Old 03-21-2019, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
classic as fuq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
15 year old throwback in a 20 year old elfsim, only on p99!
Fun to hear that this wasn't an isolated practice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
isn't account sharing against the rules?
Account sharing is discouraged because it tends to lead to things (RMT, account selling, petitions about "Bob stole stuff off a character we both had access to", etc.) which is banned (or at least leads to a waste of GM time).

Basically the GMs are saying "please don't make more work for us, just don't share accounts." But the practice is not actually banned on its own.

Closed Thread