Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 05:33 AM
Banned

me setTle 4 TunArE
Old 08-16-2019, 06:12 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct. I had to look back a few pages to see what led to being quoted.

I in no way agree with the contrarian dude. DPS-racing is fucking stupid. Being prepared for a Stormfeather gank after 18+ hours is not. People are assholes.
It is... yet he does have a point, and as an unpopular opinion it's worth repeating.

We all see the PNP as a good thing to balance the shortcomings of EQ yet they were an integral part of the game. The PNP is the very begining of a slipery slope that brought us instanced content and the death of the MMO genre as we like it. I think the best that should be hoped for is a player-enforced PnP but the community has a bad track record implementing that.

For the record a lot of us played on servers where PnP did not exist (the official TLPs) and we survived to tell the tale. Sure it was a lot more toxic than what we remember from classic but it's an experience some people want. And it's the true unadultered experience.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghilran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is... yet he does have a point, and as an unpopular opinion it's worth repeating.

We all see the PNP as a good thing to balance the shortcomings of EQ yet they were an integral part of the game. The PNP is the very begining of a slipery slope that brought us instanced content and the death of the MMO genre as we like it. I think the best that should be hoped for is a player-enforced PnP but the community has a bad track record implementing that.

For the record a lot of us played on servers where PnP did not exist (the official TLPs) and we survived to tell the tale. Sure it was a lot more toxic than what we remember from classic but it's an experience some people want. And it's the true unadultered experience.
Hi Zura

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 08-16-2019, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're calling something stupid because it gets in the way of your brainless pixel farming.
You're calling something brainless because it gets in the way of your stupid greifing.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Competition is not griefing. You shouldn't use comparisons you don't understand.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL, you've again twisted the subject.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Competition is not griefing. You shouldn't use comparisons you don't understand.
Me forcing you to sit and wait 19 hours or fail because you lack discipline and I do not, is competition. Loser.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Me forcing you to sit and wait 19 hours or fail because you lack discipline and I do not, is competition. Loser.
Okay, this is completely off topic, but for some reason this reminded me of those endurance challenges they used to do on Big Brother. God, I hope I'm not the only person who used to watch Big Brother...

https://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brothe...re-no-joke/12/

I like the last one on the list. Literally just how long can you stand here pressing a button. Now I think we all can relate to that one.

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 08-16-2019, 04:37 PM
Fire Giant

I would consider it more annoying than competitive. Everquest athletes here mostly agree.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, this is completely off topic, but for some reason this reminded me of those endurance challenges they used to do on Big Brother. God, I hope I'm not the only person who used to watch Big Brother...

https://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brothe...re-no-joke/12/

I like the last one on the list. Literally just how long can you stand here pressing a button. Now I think we all can relate to that one.
we should have a poopsock competition every year on p99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread