Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

Default shaman ww solo dragon video

Does anyone have a link to this? I'm having trouble tracking it down.

Also! Question: is it worth buying Poxx at 59 or should I save up the cash for Torpor at 60 and then get poxx after?
Old 08-17-2019, 10:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone have a link to this? I'm having trouble tracking it down.

Also! Question: is it worth buying Poxx at 59 or should I save up the cash for Torpor at 60 and then get poxx after?
Prioritize Torpor. But Poxx is a lot better than Bane of Nife IMO for soloing, so definitely work on getting Poxx after Torpor.
Old 08-17-2019, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prioritize Torpor. But Poxx is a lot better than Bane of Nife IMO for soloing, so definitely work on getting Poxx after Torpor.
Got it. What about Malo? After torpor, would you say Poxx or Malo is next?
Old 08-17-2019, 10:25 AM
Aviak

Malo for sure
Old 08-17-2019, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Malo helps land slow and poison dots it’s definitely after torpor.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

Soloing a +6dragon?
Old 08-17-2019, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Torpor>Malo>bane>pox
Old 08-17-2019, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Torpor>Malo>bane>pox
In general this, but as has already been mentioned pox is actually better for the really long fights like WW Dragons or TwentyTwo in PoM.

Either way though, Bane/Pox are probably not necessary. I haven't actually done WW dragons solo myself, but every other hard Shaman fight can be done with just Torpor, slow, Malo/Malosi, pet, and epic, so I imagine the same is true for them.

Really when it comes to Shaman soloing, you "win" by keeping slow and your HP/Mana up. That should just be your entire mentality for the fight: make sure you reslow at proper intervals, and otherwise keep HP/Mana high.

You'll do auto-attack and pet damage no matter what, so eventually the mob will die (and if you can sneak epics or even mana-based DoTs in then great, it will go faster), but what truly is important is you staying alive the whole time. That means re-landing slow early and often, in case you get resists (and also re-doing Malo/Malosi for really long fights), along with lots of Torpor + Canning ... not focusing on DoTs.

P.S. Oh and of course make sure you fight the right WW dragons: some are definitely not Shaman soloable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-17-2019 at 12:04 PM..
Old 08-17-2019, 12:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Torpor>Malo>bane>pox
I don’t really understand why Bane > Poxx

Poxx is better Damage per Mana, lasts around the same amount of time as your epic (18 and 15 ticks respectively). There are some cases where Bane is better (kills are happening quicker etc), but primarily I find Poxx is always a better go to for efficiency.
Old 08-17-2019, 12:40 PM
Orc

I would assume bane would be used over pox because malo, malosini doesn't effect disease. Keeping malosini , tash (stick) , and slow for the fight can be a big part. Can still debuff disease to around -40 i think, so it could come down to preference or situation.
Closed Thread