Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kileras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mebbe, i just played on EQ mac for over a year and when being coaxed into rejoining that "experience" it sucks to not be able to scroll out.
I mean, it's not like you're completely unable to scroll. You just need to bind zoom in and out to a key. I think it's insert and delete by default. F9 changes the camera angle. There's a few other things I miss about titanium, like tab targeting, showing your mana, being able to look around with left click, but I can deal with the old client. I don't think it's that bad, but to each their own.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:05 PM
Sarnak

Ding lvl 30~!

Still haven't managed to find a group at peak times but I did run into some people from Destiny who tried to ks me and steal my camp.

When I reported this the GMs just kinda laughed even though I had screenshots of them using racist language they said I should donate more so they would care.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Orc

Didn't you get banned?
Old 04-05-2016, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One thing with the old client, gotta run windowed using eqw.exe or secrets mods. If anything in windows takes control in full screen, you crash. Even a popup on the status bar crashes in full screen. If UAC dims screen (or anything changes gamma) you crash. So need to change UAC settings to not dim screen.

Working on a fix for the gamma change crash still and an all in one windows/full screen option.

Most of the causes of crashing while zoning got fixed like two weeks ago. People are reporting that they havent crashed zoning in over a week, since that patch.
Excellent. Haynar, how do you fix the loop 'd loops with the /fol command. Any char that is on auto follow has a random chance to do a loop, then reconnect with the char it is following.

As a non-developer, and what I witnessed after a 'fix' was the chars that were /fol were running very close to the target they were following. It's almost like they had (match target /fol speed +%). Just curious if you know what the fix is.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:27 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOurDieSel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ding lvl 30~!

Still haven't managed to find a group at peak times but I did run into some people from Destiny who tried to ks me and steal my camp.

When I reported this the GMs just kinda laughed even though I had screenshots of them using racist language they said I should donate more so they would care.
Clearly a troll, this guy has nothing better to do than to troll. Banned from takp a couple of month ago because of his trolling and bashing the dev and admistrators.
Last edited by sektolzer; 04-05-2016 at 01:31 PM..
Old 04-05-2016, 02:55 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Excellent. Haynar, how do you fix the loop 'd loops with the /fol command. Any char that is on auto follow has a random chance to do a loop, then reconnect with the char it is following.

As a non-developer, and what I witnessed after a 'fix' was the chars that were /fol were running very close to the target they were following. It's almost like they had (match target /fol speed +%). Just curious if you know what the fix is.
Most of loop d loops for me got fixed with netcode fixes. There was a lot going on, that was causing this. And it got me killed a few times.

I did not change anything for follow, other than fix the underlying issue with tbe netcode.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOurDieSel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ding lvl 30~!

I don't know whether to believe you or not.

You could send me your char name, so i can confirm you are actually leveling a char. And not trolling.

I know you can level and not see people. I saw some in soldunga other day, in spot i was camping. They were approaching 30. Was a Pal and Shm, with a higher level char helping.

I threw a clarity and cleric buffs on them, and i logged back out. That could have been you.

H
Last edited by Haynar; 04-05-2016 at 03:04 PM..
Old 04-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sektolzer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clearly a troll, this guy has nothing better to do than to troll. Banned from takp a couple of month ago because of his trolling and bashing the dev and admistrators.
Sour is the best example of a weak beta who can only find a voice in life by trolling elf-sim boards I'm the most obvious way possible while telling himself how edgy and rebellious he is.

I hope he never stops posting.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Orc

Saying the GM told him to donate = trying too hard. Almost believable otherwise.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Saying the GM told him to donate = trying too hard. Almost believable otherwise.
I know some zones are empty. It will always be that way leveling. The reporting it to a GM? Really? Lame.

Takp almost NEVER asks people to donate. We are not on a donation drive. We currently have enough for hosting going for months out. And we don't have to host the server out of a basement.

However. That is not always true. Nothing wrong with donation drives. Nothing wrong with recruiting campaigns. Dalaya does both. They have for years. But they do it WITHOUT being assholes to other server users, GMs of other servers, or admins of other servers.

I have considered releasing my netcode changes a few times. I know they would help other servers that may run old netcode. EQC and p2002 included. But everytime I turn around, I get reminded why I dont. Like now, thanks to GG and his repeated BS. if you only saw how many posts that are moderated and deleted. He is now trying to get more involved in a "donation" drive. I do feel bad for them, when he crosses the line, and they try to cut ties.

I think p2002 has potential to be a relevant server in the EQEmu community. But not the way they continue to behave.

If I thought SD was serious, instead of trolling, I would have been more inclined to have him to check his eqhosts file to see if he is connecting to the server he thinks.

Just how it is.