Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like a lot of elitist crying in this thread.

DS series is pretty damn good. Don't have 3 yet but will get it next week.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like a lot of elitist crying in this thread.

DS series is pretty damn good. Don't have 3 yet but will get it next week.
May Artorias darken your path! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2016, 02:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubbz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You won't like the changes in DSK3 then, its basically the same garbage they spoon fed us in DS2. The DS fan base is also terrible now, they eat up anything related to dark souls regardless if its good or not, expect this series to turn out like call of duty soon, with yearly releases of more garbage.
Hah, you are full of it. The terrible systems from DS2 (soul memory, enemies disappearing) are completely gone. DS3 has a ton of improvements across the board. It might be the best one.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hah, you are full of it. The terrible systems from DS2 (soul memory, enemies disappearing) are completely gone. DS3 has a ton of improvements across the board. It might be the best one.
Agreed, DS3 is fantastic, although Pontiff Sulyvahn is wrecking me right now. It will take me a couple play throughs to decide whether or not it beats out DS1, but my impression 30 hours in is that this will end up being my favorite one of the series. I have no doubt in my first play through I've missed a lot of stuff that would make the game even more enjoyable, but just like with any of the other games in this series, the more you play through, the more you find and the more enjoyable it becomes.

I also didn't hate DS2, but it definitely had it's flaws.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:52 PM
Orc

45 hours in I am calling it Best Souls.

DS2 don't get me wrong, still in the top 10 games of its generation, but it is generally considered Worst Souls.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relbaic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed, DS3 is fantastic, although Pontiff Sulyvahn is wrecking me right now. It will take me a couple play throughs to decide whether or not it beats out DS1, but my impression 30 hours in is that this will end up being my favorite one of the series. I have no doubt in my first play through I've missed a lot of stuff that would make the game even more enjoyable, but just like with any of the other games in this series, the more you play through, the more you find and the more enjoyable it becomes.

I also didn't hate DS2, but it definitely had it's flaws.
I refuse to buy it right now. Too much going on, but my buddy at work keeps telling me stuff and basically it's like reading your review. I can't wait until I break!!!!

EDIT:

He isn't looking anything up at all. He is playing it with no webpage or human assistance. MUCH more fun imo. Just throwing that out here.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:58 AM
Aviak

DS3 is a blast, yes there are some throwbacks to previous games, but that is intended due to the nature of the storyline and the world itself.

I've played Demon's, Dark 1 and 2, and Bloodborne and I think DS3 is just as fun as it's predecessors.
Rxtx - 60 Necromancer | Pushn - 51 Monk
Old 04-19-2016, 06:18 AM
Banned

Currently 40 hrs into DS3 and enjoying the shit out of it. Very likely the best game in the series thus far. Don't know what people are crying about.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently 40 hrs into DS3 and enjoying the shit out of it. Very likely the best game in the series thus far. Don't know what people are crying about.
MUST NOT CLICK "BUY" ON STEAM! These positive posts are destroying me!
Old 04-20-2016, 08:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubbz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Game is shit, bought it today and already returned it. Demons Souls and Dark Souls 1 were the only good "dark souls" games. So many reused area's in DKS 3 its not even funny, the dark souls series is just a cash grab now.
My guess is this guy sucks and dies all the time in DS3. If you know anything about dark souls, you know Miyazaki( the guy whos brainchild was demon's souls) was back as project lead for DS3. He wasnt creatively behind DS2, he just had to be sure it made it to release, cuz he was doing bloodborne at the time. So in reality, he just picked up the story where he left off. Of course you will see some familiar areas and characters. Thats what the masses wanted. Ive seen many demons souls references as well, most memorably the storm ruler you use against yhorm.

TLDR this guy sucks and gets slaughtered by hollows, DS3 is the shit.
Closed Thread