Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

People have been cheating here forever. I remember when I was in TMO I reported them for openly admitting to using MQ2 as a guild in game guild chat and nothing happened. No one cares. Raid scene is garbage, P99 is compromised, #resist.
Old 02-07-2022, 12:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a former pro CS player, albeit well over a decade ago, and me now being in my 30s, and can consistently score 150 MS on the same exact reaction time benchmark. That's going to be my first comment, i've only watched 10 seconds so far.
cal-m for life
Old 02-07-2022, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

I have a Youtube video that proves, with 100% certainty, that 9/11 was an inside job. Who wants to see it?
Old 02-07-2022, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

I would have thought the GMs would have deleted this thread by now?
Reddit is more the place for things like this.
Old 02-07-2022, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Jesus this is already falling apart.

I've wrote in length how the only way two ways you can game a roll on spawn via scripts is 1. To start running on pop (Aka, ALL races need to be roll offs) and my second point, in which I stressed in great length, that on a race on spawn via roll off, the difference between a script and say ME running off the line is going to be almost no advantage. And that a low ping+High reaction time would matter more than a script + high ping. It already looks like you are proving my point.

You have the scripter in the front. RIGHT behind him is stunningly, but with an obvious gap. Yup, Stunningly almost had the same reaction time as a script. I would too. Stunningly uses a Gina trigger to play a loud ass sound when there's a roll over 900. Meaning as soon as that loud ass beep goes out your running. WE actually did a human benchmark test 2 weeks ago, stunningly was in the same realm as I was, consistently able to get into the 150 ms range.

And then, to further prove my point, the THIRD person to move off the line? Laughingor, a player with high reaction time, but plays from china. So huge ping. And then the rest. How could you all be so slow?

I'm 5 minutes into the video, and it seems you are proving my previous hypothesis more so than showing me obvious cheating.... but i'll keep watching i'm interested.
Old 02-07-2022, 12:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jesus this is already falling apart.

I've wrote in length how the only way two ways you can game a roll on spawn via scripts is 1. To start running on pop (Aka, ALL races need to be roll offs) and my second point, in which I stressed in great length, that on a race on spawn via roll off, the difference between a script and say ME running off the line is going to be almost no advantage. And that a low ping+High reaction time would matter more than a script + high ping. It already looks like you are proving my point.

You have the scripter in the front. RIGHT behind him is stunningly, but with an obvious gap. Yup, Stunningly almost had the same reaction time as a script. I would too. Stunningly uses a Gina trigger to play a loud ass sound when there's a roll over 900. Meaning as soon as that loud ass beep goes out your running. WE actually did a human benchmark test 2 weeks ago, stunningly was in the same realm as I was, consistently able to get into the 150 ms range.

And then, to further prove my point, the THIRD person to move off the line? Laughingor, a player with high reaction time, but plays from china. So huge ping. And then the rest. How could you all be so slow?

I'm 5 minutes into the video, and it seems you are proving my previous hypothesis more so than showing me obvious cheating.... but i'll keep watching i'm interested.

Game a footrace not a roll on spawn*
Old 02-07-2022, 01:03 PM
Fire Giant

The entire raid scene on P99 is a joke regardless. Talking about ms reaction times to run to the raid mob on pop. Fucking hilariously unclassic.

Until the staff actually fixes the leveling curve the raid scene will remain and overcrowded unclassic joke. Fix channeling, fix Enchanters, fix all the problems with mana pools, on and on it goes the bug report forum has about 100 issues now which have gone unaddressed for years.

It shouldn't even be possible for 500 people to be max level in classic or Kunark era. It's too hard to level only the most dedicated no lifers would make it to raid level before the next expansion drops and then everyone catches up in Velious.

Fix the leveling curve and return raiding to a classic experience where mobs aren't raced and killed on pop but rather due to the lower max level population it's actually a challenge to raid between expansions. End the zerg guilds full of newb players who absolutely should not be max level and padding guild numbers to trivialize content.

It's basic game design.
Old 02-07-2022, 01:03 PM
Aviak

I'm all for getting rid of cheaters and fair competition. But unfortunately I'm not sure this research does anything.

People have been using reaction time as a basis for cheating allegations since FTE was introduced, probably even earlier. There are so many variables involved related to latency, packet loss, etc. that "reaction time" can only be circumstantial evidence at best, no matter how convincing it may appear.

Staff can't take action on circumstantial evidence, it sets a really bad precedent that opens the door for tons of abuse moving forward. Ultimately, I think there needs to be a ruleset that innately supports fair competition (or at least minimizes opportunities to cheat), though I acknowledge that's not easy to do.

I think OP's 2 months would have been better spent social engineering a keylogger or process logger onto a target machine (protip: everybody wants to meet milfs in their area).
Old 02-07-2022, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

Also good work OP but now you'll find that no one cares. There are hundreds of us who have tried to make P99 better but the staff is very insular and doesn't care to make this a community project. It's THEIR world and raiding especially is exactly how they want it. No one knows why they want things this way but it is the way they choose things to operate.

Don't listen to the people who try to tell you that your research and conclusions are wrong. They're part of those who enjoy the broken state of P99 and attack anyone who tries to change the status quo.
Old 02-07-2022, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

Don't make fun of the OPs learning disabilities guys. Stop.
Closed Thread