Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-02-2023, 09:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you need a new server? Roll a new level 1 and dont twink it.
Done.
Not remotely the same, and you either know that and are just being an asshat by saying the same dumb troll shit we've heard over and over, or you're genuinely that misinformed about the game that you can't see how that is nothing at all like playing on a fresh server.
Old 08-02-2023, 09:18 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you need a new server? Roll a new level 1 and dont twink it.
Done.
I want a classic experience where u find groups at orc camps, where u need a full group to kill a cocodrile, where if u get a rubicite piece u become a twinked
Old 08-02-2023, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah yes, when blue players resort to red player tactics of counting 100-+ people as significant to the server...

Yeah that place is dead, and honestly, rightfully so.

14+ years of bad history in a beta state. If anything, that server should be deprecated.
Do you have a mental disability? And I don't ask that to be insulting. Actually asking so that we can make sure to treat you fairly
Old 08-02-2023, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah yes, when blue players resort to red player tactics of counting 100-+ people as significant to the server...

Yeah that place is dead, and honestly, rightfully so.

14+ years of bad history in a beta state. If anything, that server should be deprecated.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=285199&page=2

Quote:
Old 11-18-2017, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Think blue was around 400 people when I first started here. 1k+ on a private server still blows my mind.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=133824

Quote:
01-03-2014, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Babayaaga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Roughly a couple dozen high-value targets, spawning approximately a couple times a week. I'm no mathematician, but this translates into about 1250 spawns per year, not factoring in drop-rate rarity.

P99 blue has over 1000 players online at peak periods and between 400-500 players during lower population periods. Given the server's age and the result is a recipe for disaster: A mature server with high demand and low contested spawn rate, and no new content for over two years.
And then there are the many RNF threads that existed before green, claiming the server was dead, citing low pop as evidence. And still somehow the nerd museum remains open.
Old 08-02-2023, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Not sure what the huge draw is for a new server. I get that it's exciting and everyone is the same level which opens the door for grouping and fun...

But those are the positive side of things.

I remember the green launch: Everyone was cramped together on three continents and we were all camping one single Decaying Skeleton spawn in NRO.

It sucked.

There wasn't a MOB to be found in EC or NEK. I had to log off for a few days and wait for the insanity to move on to the higher level zones.

Don't get me wrong, for what it was worth, it was F-U-N. What I am trying to say is, be careful if your wishes are based solely on emotion and nostalgia because it usually turns out to be more disappointing than anything else.

Or I could be wrong- Everyone is different. I just remember having more fun when Green launched AFTER the huge crowds had moved on to the higher level zones. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-02-2023, 10:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what the huge draw is for a new server. I get that it's exciting and everyone is the same level which opens the door for grouping and fun...

But those are the positive side of things.

I remember the green launch: Everyone was cramped together on three continents and we were all camping one single Decaying Skeleton spawn in NRO.

It sucked.

There wasn't a MOB to be found in EC or NEK. I had to log off for a few days and wait for the insanity to move on to the higher level zones.

Don't get me wrong, for what it was worth, it was F-U-N. What I am trying to say is, be careful if your wishes are based solely on emotion and nostalgia because it usually turns out to be more disappointing than anything else.

Or I could be wrong- Everyone is different. I just remember having more fun when Green launched AFTER the huge crowds had moved on to the higher level zones. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah I was there when Green launched and yes was hard to find any Up un common zones but even with that Im tired of only raid and cant wait to revive the EQ classic experience 🤤
Old 08-02-2023, 11:09 AM
Banned

It's really simple. Green has been quite popular and continues to be quite successful. Even compared with Blue.

Devs didn't initially anticipate the need for Teal until after Green's launch. But due to Green's popularity they adjusted on the fly and innovated a solution that will matter down the line. They know a hell of a lot more about a popular server launch than they did before. They learned from their mistakes. (Ie. Telling the community ahead of time about their plans. They won't do that again.)

Green 2.0 will happen. Expecting it this year is only something only someone bad at math would do. The server is coming when it makes sense for the devs. Not us.

Server launches are probably the most time intensive part of being a dev here. One of the worst parts about being a dev here is dealing with threads such as this. If we were paying customers that would be one thing. We aren't. The entitlement of players demanding more from devs on a free server is a visible cue to the devs to stay away.

This is why devs went and remain radio silent. If they communicate something the community doesn't like that would make their lives harder. Why would they do that?
Old 08-02-2023, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah that's fair. We can all be pretty demanding and complainy at times so it doesn't exactly incentivize them to communicate with us in advance. If they're going to merge the servers and launch a new one in, say, 12 months from now (or vice versa) why would they tell us now? It will just lead to a rash of complaints from a segment of the player base that they will have to listen to endlessly.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's really simple. The server is coming when it makes sense for the devs. Not us.
This should be the auto reply for every thread created about this subject!
Old 08-02-2023, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Newbie zones being empty of mobs on fresh servers is NOT CLASSIC.

I’d love us to get CLASSIC newbie zone spawn mechanics implemented before fresh server drops.

Qeynos had each mob respawn instantly to random locations. Other zones had triads of mobs where they wouldn’t respawn until once all three were killed.

We need these mechanics to make fresh server classic. Being bottlenecked out of mobs at level 1 was NOT CLASSIC.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung