Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacious93c [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never made stereotypes or said that you did scream that you are gay off of Mount Everest. The whole post was my own personal question, but do know others with the same thoughts. Now if you want to comprehensively re-read my post, you will see that I said "screaming endeavor akin to." That is basically saying that having a Gay guild that is so blatantly put in peoples face with the name "Flaming Gaze" (as if someone didnt collectively take the time to think that one out) is coming through LOUD AND CLEAR too all of us on the server. No other guild on the server has a witty guild name saying how much they like the female apparatus or stating their sexual orientation. Nor does any other guild gleefully spout that they are a Gay Guild and looking to recruit more Gay people within OOC. However, what exactly would any of you say if someone in OOC said "Selectively looking for straight people to join a straight guild." I sincerely meant and mean no ill will towards you or your guild, but at the time I did feel the need to question it. Now, not so much and dont really care anymore. I did however want to clarify my opposition towards your post however Yib. So thank you for defending your guild, but do take into consideration that I did neither of the things you accused me of [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would you say the same thing to a straight dude making a guild called "Flaming Gaze"? No because you knew he was being a smartass. Why does yiblaan being gay have anything to do with his guild name? Correlation does NOT equal causation. Sit down
Old 04-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Orc

Audacious your question was clearly there to incite some form of argument. Just like anything else he choose to create a gay friendly guild because it is a common bond that brings them together, just like EQ. If you dont understand the logic behind that I don't know how to help you. He doesn't need a reason to form a guild of gay people, esspecially when they do not deny straight people membership. I'll be honest, I'm gay and I didn't even get the idea behind the name at first glance LOL. Either way Yib I support your cause! The people in FG That I have met have all seemed to be stand up people!
Old 04-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Basically, the point of a gay friendly guild is so people don't have to deal with all kinds of anti gay bullshit in guildchat. Even the stuff that's kind of minor tends to chaff over time. They can't even make a recruiting post without people getting their panties in a wad about having a gay friendly guild.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Large Rat

Uhh I joined the guild cause I thought the name was funny...not because I need a guild to be gay-friendly...

For the record, not gay.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacious93c [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[I] I personally, feel like this is just attention seeking behavior with no obvious reason.
And that's why they exist.

Answer is in the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiblaan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope when an all Gnome Guild comes up you have the same rantings of all gnomes getting together to proclaim their Gnomeness.
There is one! Defenders of Ak'anon i think.
Go gnomes![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Kobold

Ok wow. If you are straight then be grateful that you exist in a society where everyone presumes that you are. Getting angry at homosexuals for not having that same luxury = going full retard.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Fire Giant

Grats to Flaming Gaze for snagging an elusive erudite paladin.

Thrilled to be on board!

-Vizeryn D'Raethe
Deepwater Knight
Old 05-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Kobold

You have two out of my seven characters. Care to try for more?
Hafthor: Dwarf Cleric (NEW: Try GREEN Hafthor!)
Tsukiko: Human Monk
Burzma: Troll Shaman
Old 05-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have two out of my seven characters. Care to try for more?
I have animal shaped cookies that I may or may not be willing to share with your alts!

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 05-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Oh no, people will think I'm gay now.

/care

edit: especially since I'm a Bard.
Closed Thread