Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's something interesting.

http://www.bradmcquaid.com/Brad_McQu...o_Work!!!.html

Perhaps Eq3?
Gotta say no, after seeing the little snippets about EQ Next in the Evercracked doc, read the blurbs about it in the back of the 10th anniversary book and read Brads post... and considering the Vanguard taint...

HIGHLY unlikely he's involved.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OOh how about this idea?

Every newer MMO has dumb quests where you have to collect X of an item for whatever reason and you get some combination of coin, exp and faction for it.

What if these quests were created by players?

Here's what I mean:

Working on a tradeskill but don't feel like collecting bear pelts all afternoon?

Post a want add at the local tavern that other players can see. Have an NPC at the tavern that handles these transactions. The person posting the request pays a small fee and offers a reward of some kind (their choice maybe?).

The person completing the mission receives exp and the item and/or gold that was offered by the poster.

Quests would change every day and no two people would ever have the same exact quest. (Unless the request was reposted.)

How's that for dynamic!
EvE
Old 06-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EvE
For rizzle? Never played it but it's cool that somebody actually implemented that.
I should have done game design and conceptualization...
Old 06-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They already did this with EQ1. Most of the classic outdoor zones do not exist on live the way we know them. They have completely been redesigned from the ground up. (Sadly the gameplay will never be like classic.)
I wouldn't say most.

It's only Nektulous, Freeport, Steamfont, Misty Thicket, Commonlands, Lavastorm as far as I remember.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Kobold

They have done graphical revamps of Freeport, North Ro, Oasis, South Ro, West and East Commonlands, Nektulos Forest, Misty Thicket, Toxxulia, Kerra Isle, Ocean of Tears, Lavastorm, Steamfont, Highpass, Arena, and Bazaar

They have also done non graphical revamps to about a dozen other zones. They also plan to continue to revamp many more zones with each expansion.

Right now its miserable. I went back for the ten year anniversary and of coarse I wanted to explore the old world zones the most. And Omfg, it felt like every time time you zoned the graphics completely change. It was so stupid and it destroyed immersion I dont know wtf they were thinking.

I think anyone would be interested in an everquest 3. I could definitely see them trying a console thing like Star Trek did. Especially if it isn't for a few years and consoles continue to improve.

It would be cool if they did a sort of prequel. Give people a help to build their favorite cities or meet some historical figures.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonyor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They have done graphical revamps of Freeport, North Ro, Oasis, South Ro, West and East Commonlands, Nektulos Forest, Misty Thicket, Toxxulia, Kerra Isle, Ocean of Tears, Lavastorm, Steamfont, Highpass, Arena, and Bazaar

They have also done non graphical revamps to about a dozen other zones. They also plan to continue to revamp many more zones with each expansion.
My mistake, you are correct....it has been 2-3 years since I last quit live.

The stupid graphical revamps they did were mostly for expansion release that zoned in off those areas....ex. Lavastorm for DoN...Highpass for TSS....Nektulous for DoD etc.

The new bazaar was done to make it less laggy...and it works, sucks tho as the old trader bays were way better than the design they have now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonyor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would be cool if they did a sort of prequel. Give people a help to build their favorite cities or meet some historical figures.
They sort of did this with the 2nd most recent expansion, SoD....they had players travel back through rifts in time to important events, such as The Battle in Field of Bone, Oceangreen Village (Qeynos b4 it was Qeynos) etc.
Last edited by Excision Rottun; 06-18-2010 at 04:05 PM..
Old 06-19-2010, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im never going to touch a SOE game again with a ten foot pole, unless the feedback is good for it months afterwards.
Pretty much same. 'SOE: we destroy worlds'.

I really don't like much on the market now. Most of them don't seem to be making actual "mmorpg" progress, but only transforming into regular CRPG's solo/multi-player. How boring. I don't expect SOE to do anything different, anything more like mmorpg roots, just more "I can win!" game play like most everyone else.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:30 AM
The Protector of Sunder

Default .

Here's your next big thing - http://www.38studios.com/home/list

I like that they're creating a single player RPG to introduce you to the world and lore prior to the release of their flagship MMO. I've always wished Sony had made a quality RPG that took you through the various events that shaped norrath or at least a certain time during the history.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to BuzWeaver Send a message via Yahoo to BuzWeaver

I'm hoping there will be more info at the Fan Faire in August. Everquest Next is mentioned in the Evercraked episode 5 video (towards the end). Its at the 10:19 mark if you want to get straight to the skinny.
Last edited by BuzWeaver; 06-20-2010 at 08:55 PM..
Old 06-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Aviak

http://www.riftgame.com/en/

I thought this game is like EQ3?
Closed Thread