Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Kobold

I told them they should have put that cryosilk robe back on something.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

Reiker you lied, I only see 3!
Old 06-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Fire Giant

3? What a pussy.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Sarnak

I thought everyone had 2 peg cloaks by now

Old 06-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

While this is slightly tangential, I have to ask why Draqnier is still able to play on the server. Even if he hasn't been banned (which is bizarre since people so frequently complain about his KSing/camp stealing/douchebaggy behaviour), how is it that people haven't just boycotted any interaction with this guy?
Old 06-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So how does a mage track down 3 Quillmanes so quickly please tell us [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

/target Quillmane_01
/pet attack

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So how does a mage track down 3 Quillmanes so quickly please tell us [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although I've gotten cloaks by myself, it takes longer. The screenshot was from a farm session with some others. It's really easy when you have 1-2 people killing the trigger mobs and 1 person on each possible spawn point. All the spawn points begin to just flood with Quillmane corpses. There's 2 trigger mobs with a 30 second spawn time. Each time you kill one there's a fairly high chance Quillmane spawns in one of 3 locations. So, you just put one or two people on the triggers, and 1 person at each spawn location, and you'll be swimming in cloaks.

The trigger mobs can be a lion or an elephant calf (maybe a lioness too i can't remember. or maybe it's a lioness and not a lion). One spawns on a rocky texture next to the Lake Rathe zone and roams north towards Aviak Village, maybe even close to Paw. The second spawns just a bit north of Paw iirc and roams south towards the Aviak village. They can be a little bit of a pita to find but once you have the right PH, you'll know since they'll always keep respawning at the same spot every 30 seconds. At that point all you gotta do is kill them. They're not PHs for Quillmane but rather they have maybe a 35-50% chance of spawning Quillmane in one of 3 random locations. If you kill a trigger while Quillmane is up, another Quillmane will not spawn.

One spawn point for Quillmane is the SW corner of the zone. If you stand at the very corner of the zone you'll miss her, she spawns just a bit north and slightly east from the zonewall (more north than east). So if you start at the very southwest corner, turn right slightly and run oh, I don't know, not far, and you should be close to the spawn point.

The second spawn point is a bit south of the "hermit" ... SE of Paw.

The third spawn point is the NE corner of the zone. This one's a little harder to explain since it's not really close to any walls or landmarks, but if turn left and run east while leaving the WK bridge (more east than south iirc) for a little while, not super long, you'll be somewhat close.

As far as I could tell, no matter where Quillmane spawns she'll start pathing to Paw. She usually doesn't make it that far.

That's if it hasn't been changed since I last farmed it. I doubt it cause I laid out how easy it was to farm cloaks a day or two after Quillmane was added in the exploit/petition forum and it went ignored for months. So I apologize for the slim chance this information is outdated.

Shame the devs never went through with making the cloaks instant cast like they said they were, as they were in classic.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Banned

Here's a map based on my MEMORY only, from months ago. Again, I apologize if any of this is incorrect as it may have been changed, and I may have plotted points a little off since I don't have any hard locs written down. Red = Quillmane spawn, Blue = Trigger spawn. The location I'm least sure of is the Quillmane spawn near the Hermit, as I found the SE and NE corner spawns first and usually camped those. Most of the time when I caught Quillmane from the Hermit spawn, she was already beginning to path towards Paw.

Closed Thread