Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Exclamation An Abuse of Power

In the many years that I have played Everquest. I have never felt so unwelcome amongst a community. Not by the community at large, but a select number of individuals who abuse power in order to slander my name. I have been informed that never again will I be able to get into a guild, never again will I be accepted in the community, why?

Today on my level 11 main I went ontop of trainer hill to find the camp empty, and the trainer was up. So I snared it and began kiting. When it got down to about 20% health a person named Trake walked up to me and told me his group had wiped with the intention of killing the trainer. He suggested that I should either gate or run so that his group could have it. Mind you I had no prior knowledge that the group had been there before me. Trake claimed that there were corpses laid about on trainer hill, but considering how many abandoned corpses there are in the zone I mistakenly did not consider that some of them could have been fresh, so I did not notice them. I politely refused to gate or run because as the camping rules state here the camp was open, and I could claim it. http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653 heres the reference.

This is the way Everquest has always functioned, if nobody is there to claim the spawn it is safe to obtain it. Or so I thought. Unfortunately I made the false presumption that when I came into this community I was being a part of a community of equals. Evidently this couldn't be further from the truth. Trake revealed to me that he was the guild leader of Dark Ascension and began to go zone to zone slandering my name. This utterly shocked me that someone who claims to lead a guild as powerful as DA would resort to such measures, and incite drama and harassment on new players.

The time that was taken to slander my name could have obtained Trake 20 maybe 30 SBSes. Another false presumption that I had made was that the high level community consisted of only rational adults who would have moved on from the drama, waited ten minutes, and looted a shiny brass shield that was rightfully theirs, but yet again I was sadly mistaken.

For some reason I do not think I would wish that my guild leader would act in such a manner. If this means I cannot get a guild then so be it. Considering the behavior and overreaction of this person I don't think that being in the high level community would be enjoyable. I've been advised by this individual to re-roll, apologize for following server rules, and submit to the authority of someone who is not my guild leader. I've even been told not by Trake himself but another individual that I might get banned because i've been informed that Trake has been instructed to "root out" and police "rude horrible" people like myself that threaten the good nature of this loving community.

My intention was to get my character to 50 and do nothing but spend my precious time helping new players as many before me have.

If I am not banned, I am still not sure if its worth my time to play on this server anymore. I was told by Trake that MY intention was to loot the SBS and sell it. Actually I was setting it aside for the warrior alt I planned on leveling up, however that is irrelevant to the situation.

I find it absolutely interesting that this person who claims to lead Dark Ascension, and I don't know if they do or not, but they claim to nonetheless, can find the means to obtain/afford the ingame equivalent of buying a yacht yet someone with 8 platinum pieces in their coffers cannot kill a mob in an open spawn, and loot a shiny brass shield which can be relooted in about ten minutes.
Last edited by Kilo; 06-23-2010 at 04:08 PM..
Old 06-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Kobold

Don't worry about. Dark Ascension slander will only make you more popular to everyone else.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Trake is spewing shit of course. Durison would never go to the extremes of doing this as just being a guild leader himself. If it was him, which I doubt, then he put more bad light on his own guild and you are not at fault.

This guy is just trying to threaten you, so don't take it anymore than just a grain of salt.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Orc

Honestly, don't worry about it. There are many other guilds on this server.

Raiyn
Officer of <Divinity>
Old 06-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the many years that I have played Everquest. I have never felt so unwelcome amongst a community. Not by the community at large, but a select number of individuals who abuse power in order to slander my name. I have been informed that never again will I be able to get into a guild, never again will I be accepted in the community, why?

Today on my level 11 main I went ontop of trainer hill to find the camp empty, and the trainer was up. So I snared it and began kiting. When it got down to about 20% health a person named Trake walked up to me and told me his group had wiped with the intention of killing the trainer. He suggested that I should either gate or run so that his group could have it. Mind you I had no prior knowledge that the group had been there before me. Trake claimed that there were corpses laid about on trainer hill, but considering how many abandoned corpses there are in the zone I mistakenly did not consider that some of them could have been fresh, so I did not notice them. I politely refused to gate or run because as the camping rules state here the camp was open, and I could claim it. http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653 heres the reference.

This is the way Everquest has always functioned, if nobody is there to claim the spawn it is safe to obtain it. Or so I thought. Unfortunately I made the false presumption that when I came into this community I was being a part of a community of equals. Evidently this couldn't be further from the truth. Trake revealed to me that he was the guild leader of Dark Ascension and began to go zone to zone slandering my name. This utterly shocked me that someone who claims to lead a guild as powerful as DA would resort to such measures, and incite drama and harassment on new players.

The time that was taken to slander my name could have obtained Trake 20 maybe 30 SBSes. Another false presumption that I had made was that the high level community consisted of only rational adults who would have moved on from the drama, waited ten minutes, and looted a shiny brass shield that was rightfully theirs, but yet again I was sadly mistaken.

For some reason I do not think I would wish that my guild leader would act in such a manner. If this means I cannot get a guild then so bet it. Considering the behavior and overreaction of this person I don't think that being in the high level community would be enjoyable. I've been advised by this individual to re-roll, apologize for following server rules, and submit to the authority of someone who is not my guild leader. I've even been told not by Trake himself but another individual that I might get banned because i've been informed that Trake has been instructed to "root out" and police "rude horrible" people like myself that threaten the good nature of this loving community.

My intention was to get my character to 50 and do nothing but spend my precious time helping new players as many before me have.

If I am not banned, I am still not sure if its worth my time to play on this server anymore. I was told by Trake that MY intention was to loot the SBS and sell it. Actually I was setting it aside for the warrior alt I planned on leveling up, however that is irrelevant to the situation.

I find it absolutely interesting that this person who claims to lead Dark Ascension, and I don't know if they do or not, but they claim to nonetheless can find the means to obtain/afford the ingame equivalent of buying a yacht yet someone with 8 platinum pieces in their coffers cannot kill a mob in an open spawn, and loot a shiny brass shield which can be relooted in about ten minutes.
This post is way too flowery - please learn to write. Thanks.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This post is way too flowery - please learn to write. Thanks.
Too flowery? If he intended on this thread to belong in RnF, he would have posted there to begin with. No doubt it's going to end up there anyway, but his point has been put across nonetheless.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

I was hoping to read about some lesser countries being abused by a dictator. I'm so disappointed.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Seriously man, no need to worry. Nobody has that kind of sway on this server.

I highly doubt anyone knew or cared about this event outside of the person who was being a dick to you. More people know now, since you posted it... but I'm still pretty sure nobody cares.

You should be fine man.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

Now I am certainly no Phallax, P.I., but how's this?

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...&postcount=131
Old 06-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

That's pretty damn good Astarothel, now Kilo, or Bullet, needs to make a thread in RnF calling the prick out!

Closed Thread