Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 10-09-2022, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No worries, thank you for clearing up those discrepancies.

Another peculiarity of p1999 is your base faction standings aren't calculated live, they are calculated at character creation and then modified by your actions. Or at least that is my understanding of it.

If I understand right, the result of this is when race/class/deity mods on p99 get corrected, these corrections only really apply to toons that haven't be rolled yet. Existing toon's standings don't get fixed.

I have definitely noticed that they changed the back end faction calculations after they became visible on live around 5 or 6 years ago. Depending on when my character was made will decide how easy it is to raise factions with certain areas.

I still think there is a ton of quests that give way too low faction, but that's not something that I can prove because we don't see that info here, and telling P99 staff to "go look up info that is easily available" apparently was harassment and got me a ban warning.
Old 10-11-2022, 05:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NFQ is very unclassic. In the arena there is xp loss and guards will aggro pvping players. Not classic at all.
Damn I didn't know that. That truly is a shame.
Old 10-25-2022, 11:05 AM
Aviak

That's definitely not accurate for Veeshan - Human Veeshan bards do not start out KOS.
Old 10-25-2022, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

Agnostic gnome mage,agnostic erudite enchanter both non kos in nfq.
Old 11-05-2022, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

You can't start as non kos as a paladin of any race. The best faction values are tied between Human Karana paladin and Erudite prexus paladin and both are still KOS
Old 11-05-2022, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renault [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's definitely not accurate for Veeshan - Human Veeshan bards do not start out KOS.
Correct. Human Veeshan is apprehensive. Veeshan has no negative modifier for OT