Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 02:11 AM
Orc

Default Have you ever been apologetically screwed over on P99 Green?

For the most part people on P99 Green go out of their way to be helpful and pleasant. Every once in a while, though, you run into someone who is clearly only out for team #1. Tonight, I got to experience the most flagrant of example of someone screwing over other players and not giving a single fuck.

I was farming seb ent / scarabs for almost 8 hours this evening and was about to log off when a couple <Seal Team> folks zoned in. My game does a /w query every time I press a button as a relic from my time on red (wipe please) so I'm usually pretty aware of who is in the zone. Anyhow, a few minutes after the <Seal Team> folks zoned in, the fungi King and a bunch of his friends appear in the scarab camp. They promptly wiped that group and then proceeded to wipe my group farming the ent.

The "apologetically screwed over" part kicks in here. These folks (Dazzling and Maati) took zero responsibility for their actions and did nothing to help recover the groups they had wiped. I watched in amazement as they zoned back in and ran over our dead corpses to get back to their camp without offering to lend a hand. Maati at least had the decency to weakly decline any responsibility because of 'bugs' but Dazzling strait up ignored all communication and pretended like they didn't just cause 8 people to die and spend 30 minutes dragging and rezzing.

Does anyone else have any stories to share where other players have screwed you over and done nothing to help fix the situation?
Old 08-19-2021, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Fungi King can still be pulled through the floor?

Sounds like some exploitation to me.
Old 08-19-2021, 10:20 AM
Kobold

Think you mean 'UNapologetically'. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-19-2021, 01:05 PM
Kobold

sorry you didn't get scarab loot
Old 08-19-2021, 01:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fungi King can still be pulled through the floor?

Sounds like some exploitation to me.
its not a beneficial exploit heh. It is more like a glitch. If you fight the king in the teleport room down there, when he goes to flee at low hp sometimes he runs into the wall and warps up into frenzy pox room instead of out of the room toward jail or into shrooms area. My group has lost a fungi king and has also gotten a free fungi king at frenzy pox room this way. GM was called in both cases and the ruling for both was that if you lose the king and someone else kills it and gets the loot its theirs.

I spent ALOT of time at Fungi king during early kunark, and have seen on rare occasion when trying to split him off the tower sometimes instead of him dropping into the water he and his 2 guards up on the tower will just warp straight up into frenzy pox room, which is what I am guessing happened here. They did not intend to warp him into frenzy pox room, I can promise you, especially since I dont think you can intentionally do it anyways. They were probably in a rush to get back down there and kill him before someone else did, which is why they didn't help everybody CR first before going back down to kill him. Not saying they shouldn't have helped CR people but I understand why they didn't, but I highly doubt it was an intentionally malicious tactic.

It would be giving them too much credit. Despite being the dominant raid force on the server the vast majority of their warmbody members just aren't that skilled or experienced enough to be able to intentionally pull something like that off.
Old 08-19-2021, 01:30 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when trying to split him off the tower sometimes instead of him dropping into the water he and his 2 guards up on the tower will just warp straight up into frenzy pox room
If he doesn't know this he hasn't spent much time in seb. OP should direct his complaints to Haynar or whatever his name is who screwed the pathing that used to be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It would be giving them too much credit. Despite being the dominant raid force on the server the vast majority of their warmbody members just aren't that skilled or experienced enough to be able to intentionally pull something like that off.
These dudes are definitely warmbody shitters, checks out hahaha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by JustMatt; 08-19-2021 at 01:52 PM..
Old 08-19-2021, 02:18 PM
Skeleton

For full clarity, because apparently this guy likes to paint false pictures to push his narrative.

[Wed Aug 18 23:27:05 2021] Borrow says out of character, 'need us to take that king off ur hands? lol'

Looks like you tried to snipe it ^^

[Wed Aug 18 23:33:51 2021] Borrow tells you, 'Heya, were u part of that fungi king pull?'
[Wed Aug 18 23:33:55 2021] You told Borrow, 'yes'
[Wed Aug 18 23:34:11 2021] Borrow tells you, 'Could jumjumshot come back in and help with rez's?'
[Wed Aug 18 23:34:18 2021] Borrow tells you, 'two groups wiped from it'
[Wed Aug 18 23:34:58 2021] You told Borrow, 'idk who that is'
[Wed Aug 18 23:35:52 2021] Borrow tells you, 'y'alls rogue just trained pad and caused me 2 deaths now'
[Wed Aug 18 23:36:06 2021] You told Borrow, 'we dont have a rogue, so idk who you're talking about'
[Wed Aug 18 23:36:19 2021] Borrow tells you, 'The naked rogue isnt logged in to drag corpses?'
[Wed Aug 18 23:36:24 2021] Borrow tells you, 'Slidingin?'
[Wed Aug 18 23:36:30 2021] You told Borrow, 'idk who that is buddy'
[Wed Aug 18 23:38:04 2021] You told Borrow, 'but if you still need it in a minute ill run my cleric here'
[Wed Aug 18 23:38:15 2021] You told Borrow, 'pathing glitches sometimes and shroom go through the floor'

We definitely offered to assist, if you weren't hellbent on thinking we intentionally wiped you.

[Wed Aug 18 23:52:01 2021] Borrow tells you, 'a warning in OOC would have gone a long way in letting us gate out and avoid a 30 minute, 8 person CR event'
[Wed Aug 18 23:54:10 2021] Borrow tells you, 'Want to ignore me here? we can continue the conversation on the forums'

I guess in the future any time a pull is attempted, an ooc shout will go out for the 5% chance he warps so the whole zone can gate to safety. Have a nice day.
Last edited by 2Yota2; 08-19-2021 at 02:47 PM..
Old 08-19-2021, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

To be fair, text logs don't prove anything since you could easily have just typed all that out yourself lol
Old 08-19-2021, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic Plainswalker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think you mean 'UNapologetically'. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-19-2021, 03:03 PM
Large Rat

Played on red... gonna chalk this one up as a nobody gives a fuck.
Closed Thread