Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-22-2022, 01:37 PM
Skeleton

Default Macbook Air M1 - Parallels Windows 11

I've installed p99 a number of times - including on both mac (intel) and windows machines. I've followed all of the suggestions:
  • Compatibility mode (WinXP SP2)
  • Running as an admin
  • Resolution tweaks in eqclient.ini
  • Running eqgame.exe from the desktop with the target change and patchme text included

However, I seem to be getting the dreaded instruction/memory error as soon as I would normally transition to the character select screen:

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 1.09.36 PM.jpg

Any suggestions?

I've also previously tried the suggestions within "how to run p99 on a mac" to no avail - the wineskin(s) mentioned are apparently outdated.

Thanks again for any help anyone can provide.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm running into this error myself, in the same way you describe.

Did you ever find a fix for it?
Old 10-05-2022, 10:27 PM
Sarnak

I did get it running on my 16gb m1 air under Parellels. Unfortunately I'm not sure which tweaks fixed which issues, but I had these bookmarks:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=697 (the bit about arm emulation settings seems like a possible fix for this crash)

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...1&postcount=14 (IIRC this fixed the red mist issue)

Initially the mouse behaved like there was some kind of pathological angle snapping going on. Eventually I got it so it only behaves that way at the login screen and server select. I believe I changed both parallels and windows mouse settings and wasn't sure which fixed it.

Performance isn't perfect; the frame rate gets bad in large raids and in the Wakening Lands, but it is okay in less demanding situations. Cranking up the max resources parallels allots to the vm may have helped.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Nice - thanks for the link! Looks like it was the ARM Emulation setting that fixed things.

Now onto the next issue "Unable to load world"..
Old 10-08-2022, 03:16 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Such problems sometimes become intractable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2022, 06:22 PM
Large Rat

I performed the same fix and set ARM emulation setting to Safe emulation but same error
Old 10-13-2022, 05:54 PM
Decaying Skeleton

First off, go to properties on "eqgame.exe" in your Everquest folder and make sure it's set to compatibility for service pack 2. Then check the 'run as Admin', go down to arm emulation and make sure it's set to 'safe' emulation from the drop down. Then move your Everquest folder to an actual folder off the C: drive (this is essential or you will get an error) for example Program Files or Program Files (x86). Now, create a shortcut and send it to your desktop from the eqgame.exe. Go to the new shortcut and open it up with properties and add 'patchme' to the end of the command line.