Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 10-07-2022, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

I just installed P99 on my ex's laptop. Now that we're broke up do I have to tell her or will I go to jail too??
Old 10-07-2022, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmethar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, the humor the trolls have these days. Gotta hand it to them. So hilarious. Or...
First up you whinge about it on your own behalf, then ya change tack and say imma only trying to save you plebs.
Well consider mesa edjumacated. You saved us!
You are now telling us we need saving cuz da bad man is dll trolling our information so he can what, see our noodie shots (sumjuan mentioned them earlier)?
Trust your vaxx (antivirus) or live on the edge.
Just choose one.
Not a troll, just trying to dll hel(l)p you.
Old 10-08-2022, 12:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First up you whinge about it on your own behalf, then ya change tack and say imma only trying to save you plebs.
Well consider mesa edjumacated. You saved us!
You are now telling us we need saving cuz da bad man is dll trolling our information so he can what, see our noodie shots (sumjuan mentioned them earlier)?
Trust your vaxx (antivirus) or live on the edge.
Just choose one.
Not a troll, just trying to dll hel(l)p you.
He is just DSM doing FORUMQUEST right now. dont give him the satisfaction like ROGEAN did. His Forumquest first turn in was successful. Yea I did defend him on another post, but with this one i think cd288 might be right
Old 10-08-2022, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmethar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where exactly did I call you a liar, Rogean. That's right, that did not happen.
Here you go, pal

Quote:
So why not just start owing up to some of this by putting a huge sign alongside your "patch files" on your front page, stating that you're monitoring peoples windows in order to uphold your "rules". That would be the honest thing to do and at least a start, but you don't really have any intentions of actually informing 99.9 % of your players
Telling him to "own up" and "be honest" implies that you believe he is not being truthful, aka you're calling him a liar.

Probably stop now, before you get banned.
Old 10-08-2022, 03:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Playing on P99 should come with a warning of P99 forcing you to download their DLL injection file called "dsetup.dll".

The modification of this file means that they can basically see every window you have open.

So essentially "laws" are being broken to uphold "rules".

Most will probably agree, that that's quite the slippery slope. Or at least everyone actually valueing their privacy or at least their right to privacy.

P99 should probably spend their donation money on a decent lawyer by now, as this is very invasive and quite illegal in most countries.

Just to let everyone know. Carry on.
Imma lawyer btw. There fixed it for you.
Old 10-08-2022, 04:03 PM
Sarnak

i love the backpedaling from getting caught boxing on the same PC to "oh i meant to do it" gotcha game op is trying to paint. play better, this is a bad look for you. take your loss, stop flailing about.

<Gravity>
Old 10-08-2022, 04:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldknyght [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He is just DSM doing FORUMQUEST right now. dont give him the satisfaction like ROGEAN did. His Forumquest first turn in was successful. Yea I did defend him on another post, but with this one i think cd288 might be right
What's DSM mean?
Old 10-09-2022, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

If any service is free, than YOU are the product.

p99 is selling player data to darkpaw or google.

Change my mind.
Old 10-09-2022, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

So far this is the most autistic thread on the forums, and you all got away with it in Starting Zone, general discussion, congratz )
Old 10-09-2022, 10:28 AM
Sarnak

just whitelist the DLL file if you want to play on p99

if you dont want to play here but you do want to let people know how upset you are that you wont be playing here then post to rants and flames