Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-07-2022, 01:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I think besides a manastone + fungi for a druid, or something like that - I'm out of ideas lol. Have done uberTwink monk already on green - BUT it was so fun I would do it again lol. This time as a human instead of iksar for the luls
Pain rock really overrated. Neat flex these days at best
Old 10-07-2022, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Paladin twink is pretty good. Recommend human max cha w/ a set of big cha items and solo crawl the high ZEM dungeons (warrens --> perma --> cazic --> kedge --> hole)

Narandi crown, MDS (til 2 hander gets better), fungi, CoF, Trak BP...plenty of big ticket items to spend plat on....hell can go nuts and buy some KT gloves.

Also you can buy a shitload of 10 dose kilva's (DS) pots and just keep that on you the entire time.

Or Z-heart enc / necro with all the very best droppable / SS gear possible would be ok too.
Last edited by Toxigen; 10-07-2022 at 01:22 PM..
Old 10-07-2022, 01:52 PM
Banned

Yeah I was gonna recommend buying a shitload of wort pots and DS pots and just drinking them like water to burn up some of that 500k lol.

Although, kilva's kind of suck until lvl 20 or so. Stupid scalable potion effects.
Old 10-07-2022, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladin twink is pretty good. Recommend human max cha w/ a set of big cha items and solo crawl the high ZEM dungeons (warrens --> perma --> cazic --> kedge --> hole)

Narandi crown, MDS (til 2 hander gets better), fungi, CoF, Trak BP...plenty of big ticket items to spend plat on....hell can go nuts and buy some KT gloves.

Also you can buy a shitload of 10 dose kilva's (DS) pots and just keep that on you the entire time.

Or Z-heart enc / necro with all the very best droppable / SS gear possible would be ok too.

I keep leaning towards Paladin. I did an erudite to level 35 with MDS/Fungi/Lodi Shield/charisma set - lots of fun being “Group Daddy” and pulling, cc’ing and tanking. Not quite as fun solo, but that’s after having done monk.

I have a 50s necro with Z heart currently and it’s baller. I might keep the necro and push it to 60.

I’ve leveled shm / monk to 60,

Rog, clr, war and now necro to 55.

Have done paladin / SK / ranger / bard to 35 before I gave up.

Have a 20s enchanter with jboots I am considering bringing back to life, was fun with HP/cha gear - but necro hits better for my play style I think.

Have never done mage / wiz, but not interested in mage at all. Somewhat interested in wizard, but not enough to give it a manastone.
Old 10-07-2022, 02:32 PM
Kobold

My swan char would be an erudite paladin with a full set of Deepwater for the fashionquest. No fungi or other bullshit to ruin the aesthetics of my final lap.
Old 10-07-2022, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I keep leaning towards Paladin. I did an erudite to level 35 with MDS/Fungi/Lodi Shield/charisma set - lots of fun being “Group Daddy” and pulling, cc’ing and tanking. Not quite as fun solo, but that’s after having done monk.

I have a 50s necro with Z heart currently and it’s baller. I might keep the necro and push it to 60.

I’ve leveled shm / monk to 60,

Rog, clr, war and now necro to 55.

Have done paladin / SK / ranger / bard to 35 before I gave up.

Have a 20s enchanter with jboots I am considering bringing back to life, was fun with HP/cha gear - but necro hits better for my play style I think.

Have never done mage / wiz, but not interested in mage at all. Somewhat interested in wizard, but not enough to give it a manastone.
Druid w/ fungi + manastone + all the velious clicks + HP/AC gear would be an absolute hoot as well. Charm animals the entire time. I had a blast leveling my druid.

Sounds like its paladin vs druid vs Z heart enchanter (z heart is so dumb on enchanter) if you want to go balls-out during your limited play time.

Alternatively, wizard could be a good choice. Do a quad, go AFK and med and do your RL stuff, come back for another quad, rinse wash repeat. Manna Robe is an option for non classic at 50+. Less time actually at the keyboard.
Last edited by Toxigen; 10-07-2022 at 02:38 PM..
Old 10-07-2022, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

I feel like monk is super popular choice because they give you so many tools to be able to enjoy playing a melee class. I've said it before the monk has never been done as well as Everquest and no better fit than a world where mob pathing is important.
Old 10-12-2022, 10:22 AM
Sarnak

If it was my last run, I'd 13 box...

Edit: ok that was pretty lo effort. Honest opinion, I'd go druid. Just cuz I'd have the option to burn mama buffing/porting random folks if I ever had the itch in the future to get back on but no time to commit to any real accomplishments, I could waste time/mana buffing or porting just for shits and giggles
Last edited by goblinmob; 10-12-2022 at 10:27 AM..
Old 10-12-2022, 10:37 AM
Banned

tunnel quest alt
Old 10-12-2022, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblinmob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it was my last run, I'd 13 box...

Edit: ok that was pretty lo effort. Honest opinion, I'd go druid. Just cuz I'd have the option to burn mama buffing/porting random folks if I ever had the itch in the future to get back on but no time to commit to any real accomplishments, I could waste time/mana buffing or porting just for shits and giggles
Feel like you guys have it completely backwards. Now don’t get me wrong, Druid is a blast, but they are basically the king as a first toon since you can save a lot of money porting and not having to tip for ports. Your incredibly self sufficient, can quad kite for money early on, and have the freedom to solo or group freely until later levels where they are less desired compared to a cleric shaman.

I feel like that’s exactly why Druid was my first toon, I do not want to grind 60 levels on a warrior starting with a rusty short sword, give me haste, big ass weapons, regen, and womp shit and actually do damage. Not be beholden to groups and be able to play the class in a totally new way: solo. Or be king of the groups with a massive hp/ac pool and actually having weapons to hood aggro. So for me I always lean towards melee especially if it’s your final run, you get to be the hero while leveling.

I’m certainly not trying to downplay the impact of twinking a caster or Druid but I just think they always feel like, great, now I can use this class to farm for my future melee twink. I just have melee player syndrome probably..