Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-07-2022, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

Default Froglok Hunter/Forager Cycle

At some point, Hunter/Forager became a multi spawn cycle (or multiple cycles simultaneously) - I did some searches here and did not see any references, and could not find much on Alla.

Does anyone remember this, or have an idea when it occurred?

I feel like maybe it was a Luclin/POP change, but clearly recall multiple foragers/hunters up at the same time, shortly after a period of the cycle being broken/fixed on live.

Could it have been earlier though?
Old 10-07-2022, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

This should of been under NPC discussion - sorry.
Old 10-07-2022, 12:51 PM
Fire Giant

For all of my EQ experience on Live, I have never once seen more than one forager / hunter up, or their respected named's on cycle.

I have keyed 60+ toons for sebilis from Kunark > Omens of War, and never ran into a single instance of multiple hunters/foragers.
Old 10-07-2022, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

Maybe my experience was from a point it was bugged pending a fix? I am going to try to sift through patch notes.

This post is obviously out of era, and while I never saw that many, I would of guessed 1-3 forages and 1-3 hunters from lake on druid track were consistent with my experience "at one point".

Quote:
Forager cycle gone mad
Jul 17 2006 at 3:27
__DEL__1592293630552

I went to do the forager cycle a couple weeks ago, to try and get the Ikky mask for my main. I found the forager easy enough, in his usual area, and chant kited him down pretty quickly...

Then it all went nuts. Foragers started spawning rapidly, I think at one time there were about 8 on my track along with a couple named from the cycle. I agroed them and kept kiting; I had the mask in about 45 minutes. It was insane; I'd be kiting about 6 and see two more walk by that I'd tag. I'm not sure what's going on, it was about 3am and I thusly forgot to bug report anything.

But this isn't the first time I've seen more than one up at a time. When I've done this camp in the past there have been about 3 up at once now and again. But I've never seen it quite this crazy.
Old 10-07-2022, 04:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstyle Wutangfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe my experience was from a point it was bugged pending a fix? I am going to try to sift through patch notes.

This post is obviously out of era, and while I never saw that many, I would of guessed 1-3 forages and 1-3 hunters from lake on druid track were consistent with my experience "at one point".
that would be wild lol. bards would be kiting forager and hunter named around making $$$$$

yeah that seems like a bug though. but damn.... makes you wish lol
Old 10-07-2022, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Forager cycles broke
May 10 2004 at 3:59
__DEL__1591789999985
Must be fixed when in this morning and found 2 foragers on track took only 5 min to get it done
A lot of server specific posts stating that there was an issue 2003-2004, maybe adding multiple was a resolution to a problem.
Old 10-07-2022, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
All EverQuest servers will be coming down at 4:00 AM PDT (-7 UTC) on Tuesday 6/13/2006
- The Hunter/Forager cycle in Trakanon's Teeth should no longer spawn multiple copies of the same creatures.
Well it was fixed in 2006. I can't imagine it was broken 5+ years.
Old 10-07-2022, 04:46 PM
Sarnak

Although, was this adding more spawns?

Quote:
June 15, 2000 8:00 am
Patch Day
- Froglok Foragers and Hunters should been seen more regularly.
Old 10-07-2022, 05:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstyle Wutangfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although, was this adding more spawns?
I’m pretty sure this was the patch that made the forager / hunter a 30 second spawn on death