Third Quarter 2019 13 5.31%
Fourth Quarter 2019 25 10.20%
2020 or Never Released. 149 60.82%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 11:45 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Mikeo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There’s like 75 total people that play on the server. Still more good people there than here though.

I didn’t mind the boxing as much as I found the super clunky classic ui on takp gross.

And tell Daldaen hello since he can’t read this.
CCU isn't indicative of active playerbase. I'd say over 1-2k+ unique players play on TAKP in the last month if I had to guess

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 11-09-2018, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

I consider this patch to be the ranger DS nerf.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are misreading it... opening all the bags at once is the problem. In classic, even in PoP and LoY, you could only have 2 bags open at once. If you tried to open the 3rd bag it wouldn't open, you would have to close a bag to open a new one.
Yes, yes, we understand. Your immersion is utterly ruined by a quality of life feature that has exactly zero effect on gameplay. The thought that other players are not being inconvenienced sufficiently keeps you awake, utterly miserable, during the long winter nights. Such a sad tale.

Tell us friend, should the mythical "green" server ever open, will you stamp your foot and demand that there be no such thing as <ctrl+leftclick> to select a single item off a stack, no <shift+leftclick> to select and entire stack, no ability to open bags in your bank, and NPC vendors selling exactly and only one item at a time?

Myself I want to see: LORE item in bank doesn't count against inventory and NORENT in bank doesn't poof when you log. (Who else actually played EQ in early enough days to remember the magicians banking bags of band-aids before they logged off to sell to other lowbies when they next played?) Of course, these ephemeral mechanics (changed ~ 6 months after release iirc) were nice for the players, rather than introducing arbitrary and mean-spirited inconvenience as you advocate, so I suppose they hold no interest at all for you.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

If you want to make improvements on eq start developing your own server or game.

P99 is about stripping away improvements.

Sorry you didn't get aid.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

looking forward to light blue con again. I remember how angry everyone was when they removed that and buff timers. Also, bard buffs, resist changes for raid targets etc. This patch is a win-win for everyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 11-09-2018, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, yes, we understand. Your immersion is utterly ruined by a quality of life feature that has exactly zero effect on gameplay. The thought that other players are not being inconvenienced sufficiently keeps you awake, utterly miserable, during the long winter nights. Such a sad tale.

Tell us friend, should the mythical "green" server ever open, will you stamp your foot and demand that there be no such thing as <ctrl+leftclick> to select a single item off a stack, no <shift+leftclick> to select and entire stack, no ability to open bags in your bank, and NPC vendors selling exactly and only one item at a time?

Myself I want to see: LORE item in bank doesn't count against inventory and NORENT in bank doesn't poof when you log. (Who else actually played EQ in early enough days to remember the magicians banking bags of band-aids before they logged off to sell to other lowbies when they next played?) Of course, these ephemeral mechanics (changed ~ 6 months after release iirc) were nice for the players, rather than introducing arbitrary and mean-spirited inconvenience as you advocate, so I suppose they hold no interest at all for you.
Yes to all the above. Extra points for having to click the slider for stacked items instead of typing a number.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:42 PM
Project Manager

There's definitely a patch coming! I can't give you details on when exactly, but if you get bored, check out the bug forums for fixed issues not yet moved to resolved. Beyond what you might find pending, there are many other content and code changes. Standout things that come to mind are chardok revamp, greenmist quest, and some awesome Haynar stuff.

I will also say, the next patch won't be the last patch to complete the Velious era. We need to make sure it all functions properly, fix bugs, then work on other broken or missing features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mean-spirited inconvenience
This is great lol. I might change my guild from Team NPC to Mean-Spirited Inconvenience and invite Haynar and Telin.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's definitely a patch coming! I can't give you details on when exactly, but if you get bored, check out the bug forums for fixed issues not yet moved to resolved. Beyond what you might find pending, there are many other content and code changes. Standout things that come to mind are chardok revamp, greenmist quest, and some awesome Haynar stuff.

I will also say, the next patch won't be the last patch to complete the Velious era. We need to make sure it all functions properly, fix bugs, then work on other broken or missing features.

This is great lol. I might change my guild from Team NPC to Mean-Spirited Inconvenience and invite Haynar and Telin.
Thanks for the update.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 11-09-2018, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Basically Luclin is a foregone conclusion if I'm reading that right.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 11-09-2018, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the update.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread