Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh come on. It’s funny because they’re bad.
Shhhh... you'll make Detoxx brag about their accomplishments followed by Fingurs claiming it was only accomplished through petitionquest.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:35 PM
Fire Giant

Is Blackstone Maul going to be upgraded in the future?
Old 02-12-2019, 11:07 PM
Developer

Hardcaps for AC likely needed for this era. Monks are OP.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:19 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Did the IP exemptions get reset in this latest patch? I am unable to logon simultaneously with my wife.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just recalling by memory, but would this be considered 'custom content'? I thought Demonstarr55 showed that soft caps were in place at the end of Velious (maybe I misunderstood his post).

Of course, I don't even quite understand if AC on P99 is properly functioning, seemed like something of a debate.

P.S. If I have your ear, would you ever consider limiting P99 to only opening 2 containers? I came across another post from Ele where you said it was possible to restrict moving items within bank bags, but that messing with the movement code was too dangerous (could cause dupes). Not sure if preventing opening a container is the same thing?
Old 02-13-2019, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
289 AC hardcap is classic. But IMO that only helps monks who can then achieve identical AC to a plate tank while retaining Block (which is not 360 degree here I might add!).

I don't really consider Monks overpowered here in terms of pure fighting capabilities. My Warrior has substantially worse gear than my monk and yet blows him away in tanking ability, and Rogues always beat me effortlessly on the parse.

The problem with P99 monks is not pure offense/defense, but broken mechanics that are way too favorable to monks: all of the previously mentioned FD issues that let monks go anywhere with little risk, NPCs attacking probes, push to interrupt, and (before) the lack of a cap on the blinding orb. If these are fixed then I feel like the various melee would be pretty well balanced.

Then we just need the specific immunities patch to let player nukes and taps and dots land on raid bosses and I feel like things would be pretty reasonable, except for Wizards, and even they do OK with VP/Velk robes.

It would be really fantastic to see Project 1999 finally get some classic mechanics. On the other hand, I couldn't care less about multiple bags being open. Even TAKP's client lets you open more than one bag. Whatever.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then we just need the specific immunities patch to let player nukes and taps and dots land on raid bosses and I feel like things would be pretty reasonable, except for Wizards, and even they do OK with VP/Velk robes.
If you're gonna let every class nuke raid mobs, then wizards are gonna need something in return. I will accept the TAKP version of Flaming Sword of Xuzl (it's awesome over there) and spell crits as recompense.

Blue Server
Aegnor Eldruin - 60 High Elf Wizard <Dial a Port>
Vizeryn_D'Raethe - 60 Erudite Paladin
Formerly of <Azure Guard>
Old 02-14-2019, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Hammered Loops are now no drop with the patch.

Anything else confirmed to change?

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 02-14-2019, 07:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Patch says speed of the shissar updated to 30 mins but it's still < 20 mins.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. If I have your ear, would you ever consider limiting P99 to only opening 2 containers?
P99 purposefully uses a non-classic interface.

Why would you even want this? Christ.
Closed Thread