View Poll Results: Do You Want ToV Rotation
No 127 37.46%
Yes 212 62.54%
Voters: 339. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 03:44 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Voted no because Aegis
Not very nice when Aegis/ALS has supported your open WToV raids for so long!
Old 02-11-2019, 04:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by enesis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not very nice when Aegis/ALS has supported your open WToV raids for so long!
Not very nice taking the zone away from us. But hey at least it's fair in your head.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Voted yes Join <Safe Space> and Kill 2 Dragons at once!

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 02-11-2019, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If staff wants to do a rotation I think R C FFA would work with the promise of the 2-3 quakes. Give the casuals 12-18 hours after spawn to kill or it becomes FFA.
I heard an interesting proposal from a guildie of mine: make the rotation competitive by pairing up guilds within it and rotating the pairings. Would reduce the length of time on a rotation spot in half, and would keep a competitive element.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not very nice taking the zone away from us. But hey at least it's fair in your head.
Wait a second, I didn't know you owned an entire zone. You must be famous.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:47 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the other 600+ post thread shows that folks on this server have wildly different opinions when it comes to defining "fairness" and (good) "competition". And you can probably predict which opinion a random person holds based on what guild they currently raid with. Suffice it to say, saying that a rotation is "taking the zone away from us" makes it apparent where you fall on the spectrum.

In any event, I had a lot of fun when AM/the server did the big two day crawl through NToV last year. I don't think that sort of event will happen again any time soon (or frequently) in the absence of a rotation. It took an agreement for that event to occur in the first place. If a rotation is implemented, I think that the Aegis guilds would prefer crawling through the zone instead of pulling to entrance, and I expect that it would be a lot of fun. We would probably attract some new members from the server unless other rotation guilds plan to crawl the zone as well. Otherwise, the smaller guilds/alliances are thousands of hours, hundreds of characters, and dozens (ha) of petitions behind in the race to "take your zone away" via "proper competition". Even if we got that far, the raid scene doesn't allow for crawling like some of us might prefer.

At the end of the day, if the GMs still believe that these requirements are suitable barriers to entry for the NToV raid scene, then so be it! If they want to see some NToV dungeon crawls, then bring on a rotation!
Old 02-11-2019, 05:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait a second, I didn't know you owned an entire zone. You must be famous.
No one owns the zone now, and that's the way it should be because everyone is free to raid the dragon when it spawns.

If rotations occur. The individual guild will own the zone for a 3 day period.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

I wouldn't mind some kind of bag system that allowed certain (or random) dragons to still be ffa.

or even a monthy lottery that still allowed some mobs to be ffa.

or even [insert distribution system] that still allowed some mobs to be ffa.

but not clear tov in a few days and then wait however many weeks (months) to be able to kill dragons in tov again.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:21 PM
Banned

nice poll

the wolves have decided to have pizza for dinner. detoxx is gonna get a big tip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2019, 06:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

My wife likes it when I'm happy. Driving my car makes me happy. My car has wheels. The wheels rotate. Rotation it is!
Closed Thread