Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 11-28-2022, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aside from cutting ties with all hookups and friends that use, the person should stop any activity they exclusively did while high. If they only played EQ high then they should stop EQ. There will be a mental connection in their mind with the activity to the drug and it will make their cravings much worse
This is true.

You don't only get addicted to the drug, but the process as well.

I remember throwing out my pill grinder and straws for this very reason.

Even inhaling through my nose would bring me back. Especially if I did it hard enough to produce a drip.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:53 AM
Banned

OP, if the guy is addicted to Opiates, taking Kratom will probably help him quit.

It will at least make the process a bit easier.
Old 11-28-2022, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is true.

You don't only get addicted to the drug, but the process as well.

I remember throwing out my pill grinder and straws for this very reason.

Even inhaling through my nose would bring me back. Especially if I did it hard enough to produce a drip.
Yea my aunt had to stop going to bars when she was trying to stop smoking because whenever she used to drink at a bar she smoked

And I was recently talking about weed with a co-worker and the subject of wax came up and she said she doesn’t touch that stuff because you have to use a torch to light it and the process is too similar to when she used to do meth like 10 years ago. So she won’t handle or go anywhere near a glass pipe or torch
Old 11-28-2022, 12:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea my aunt had to stop going to bars when she was trying to stop smoking because whenever she used to drink at a bar she smoked

And I was recently talking about weed with a co-worker and the subject of wax came up and she said she doesn’t touch that stuff because you have to use a torch to light it and the process is too similar to when she used to do meth like 10 years ago. So she won’t handle or go anywhere near a glass pipe or torch
It's so weird what the mind can do.

When I would quickly snort or inhale, a wave of calmness would spill over my body.

It was like my body was trained for the high or something.

Another thing people don't tell you: When you do drugs for such a long time, your body lets the drug take over tasks.

Like creating natural painkillers in the body.

When we bend our knees or arms, that's bone and cartilage rubbing and grating against each other. The reason why there's no pain is because our body naturally creates minor painkillers to handle all that.

The opiate takes over that process for the body, so when you quit, your body is like "Oh yeah, shit. I was supposed to create that stuff...whoops"

In that period, your back aches, your joints ache, hell...it's physically painful to get sleepy. I remember that. Trying to stay awake was painful. It was weird.

I thought about suicide every single morning when I woke up.
Old 11-28-2022, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

i heard nsaids and stuff like tylonel make arthritius inflamiation even worse lawl (probably tru)
Old 11-28-2022, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

https://whoisoptimistic.bandcamp.com/

I'd be selfish if I was too scared to share this trainwreck. I'd be delusional if I thought I would be gloriously received by my peers but maybe someone here could benefit to hear some jumbled thoughts on addiction, depression, and self image. It is what it is. lol sorry
Old 11-28-2022, 03:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The opiate takes over that process for the body, so when you quit, your body is like "Oh yeah, shit. I was supposed to create that stuff...whoops"

In that period, your back aches, your joints ache, hell...it's physically painful to get sleepy. I remember that. Trying to stay awake was painful. It was weird.

I thought about suicide every single morning when I woke up.
Ya, I try to prep people in my job that when they quit and try to get back to their old life, their brain will create artificial pain and/or anxiety (depending on the substance), in addition to having a diminished capacity to feel pleasure from day to day activities

I tell them not to give up on sobriety just because they discover they initially no longer have any enjoyment from their old life’s activities. It can take months of sobriety to feel like one’s old self again and have the enjoyment come back into life

I’ll also suggest taking a picture of one’s appearance if the drug has changed it, and/or journaling how awful they felt at the end and how much it fucked up their life. It could be useful to reflect back on this photo and writing months-years later when the brain is romanticizing the memory of the high
Old 11-28-2022, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ya, I try to prep people in my job that when they quit and try to get back to their old life, their brain will create artificial pain and/or anxiety (depending on the substance), in addition to having a diminished capacity to feel pleasure from day to day activities

I tell them not to give up on sobriety just because they discover they initially no longer have any enjoyment from their old life’s activities. It can take months of sobriety to feel like one’s old self again and have the enjoyment come back into life

I’ll also suggest taking a picture of one’s appearance if the drug has changed it, and/or journaling how awful they felt at the end and how much it fucked up their life. It could be useful to reflect back on this photo and writing months-years later when the brain is romanticizing the memory of the high
I always compare it to an ex-girlfriend.

You will tend to remember the positives and forget all the negative aspects.

So focus on all the negatives. Remember how shitty you felt, instead of how great you felt.

That usually helps me. With both drugs and women lol
Old 11-29-2022, 09:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
The addicted person MUST want to be clean (no amount of pressure from outsiders will help).
As an adult child of an alcoholic, I cannot emphasize this point enough.
Old 11-29-2022, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

woah, rants and flames has changed.

Getting free of an addictive substance, and especially the lifestyle that comes with it, is like waking up from a long, long coma. You have to relearn everything. But you can't believe you are out of that coma.

Or let's get biblical. Remember Lazarus?

Imagine being Lazarus, inside his head. Imagine what Lazarus felt like the next day, and the next month, but really didn't talk about b/c what can he say that hasn't been said?

So imagine Lazarus' state of mind the next day, month, year.

That is the state of mind of a recover(ed)(ing) addict.

Good morning aviators!