Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 11-30-2022, 01:20 AM
Banned

^
Yea my stepdad has been on roughly the same dose of oxy for like 6+ years. I dunno how he isn’t constipated but he doesn’t seem to get that side effect

Substances are like keys fitting into the lock of someone’s DNA. Some keys fit perfect, and those people feel a far more intense high and will usually willingly overtake a set amount, rapidly building tolerance

And I was going to mention there are meds which someone can take at the same doseage for life. But benzos from what I’ve heard are generally not one of those. Not saying it’s not possible, but it’s not the norm. Or maybe it can’t become the norm, because there are far less willing to prescribe it these days

I have to ask every psych patient I see what meds they are on as part of the psychosocial part of the chart, so I keep track of the newest common stuff I hear. It’s usually hydroxizine or vistril for anxiety these days
Old 11-30-2022, 01:24 AM
Banned

*and by patient I mean client, not a Dr just meaning people I see at work
Old 11-30-2022, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't keep expanding your reasons to take one. If you are taking it more than once a month for un-ease or anxiety, I'd be very, very careful. Once a month is barely a "safe use level" for civilians.

The problem is, for civilians, the tolerance curve. It's a nearly vertical wall. Once you hit you tolerance inflection, the med simply stops being as effective. And the chief symptom of benzo withdrawal is... anxiety, un-ease, irritability, panic, easily startled, hyper-vigilant. The very feeling you "periodically" took one for, is now your monkey. Tolerance spiral.

My tolerance curve for clonopin is a bit past 4mg per diem. I have had a 3mg script for 20 years, the disorder is dead, most days I take 2mg. Life's always steady.

If you are a genuine psychiatric patient, these substances simply have different effects, and my suspicion is that if you do not actually need these drugs, the tolerance curve starts immediately.

Behold the Feast of Satan!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ativan is supposed to be real good and fast acting.
Old 11-30-2022, 01:33 AM
Banned

temazepam is what they gave me in rehab to taper me off. i do not even know how much i was taking daily. it wasn't the only substance, but it was the most prominent.
Old 11-30-2022, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

TIL I take benzo
Old 11-30-2022, 01:55 AM
Banned

Not judging, I’ve tried almost every drug at one point or another. Not LSD but would not be afraid to, not trying to either though. And not heroin but have tried every other opiate including fentantyl (broken up into tiny pieces because I didn’t want to die). Most of these were used like 4-5 times per ~decade or so

Drugs have always rolled off my back like water. Didn’t ever dislike an effect, but never felt an urge to use even multiple times/month, with years in between. The only exception has been weed. If I had a vice, that would be it. That’s the one I just cannot see myself not taking every day or almost for a long time :/

But I’ve always been in a really physically active period of my life when I tried them. I didn’t happen to try any when I was 260lbs fat playing WoW ~14 hours/day. I just played WoW, didn’t even use weed then. If I had tried one of those other drugs then, I might have had a serious problem…I really think being active is an amazing shield against addiction
Old 11-30-2022, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

A raid leader who plays P99 80 hours per week is not in a healthy mindstate

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 11-30-2022, 02:05 AM
Banned

Yea and definitely not endorsing anyone trying hard drugs. There is no such thing as an impenetrable shield
Old 11-30-2022, 02:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea and definitely not endorsing anyone trying hard drugs. There is no such thing as an impenetrable shield
Oh, it's not scheduled. Think I'm in the clear unless J shows up.

*wishes for J to show up*
Old 11-30-2022, 02:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ativan is supposed to be real good and fast acting.
Ativan should be sold over the counter.